just back from caribbean princess july 3rd sailing

Kimmarie

I'm so tired but just had to write and thank everyone on this board for all your information which was so helpful in making our trip go as smoothly as it did...again THANK YOU!!

The whole trip was even better than I imagined, it was totally awesome and coming from a picky person..that says alot. We booked an open booking on the ship...that's how good it was. I could of been happy just staying on the ship for the seven days...there is ssoooo much to do and eat. I thought I would of spent more time on our balcony but there wasn't that much time to do so. We were in room D630. When we first got there the room realy smelled of smoke and being allergic I kind of freaked but I kept the sliding doors open alot and sometimes the front door too and by the third day it was gone. there wasn't anything they could do about it so in my questionaire I suggested they have some smoke free rooms. For me, the awesomness of the ship made me forget anything negative threw out the whole trip.

I never once had to take anything for sea sickness, the light rocking at night put me right to sleep. I traveled with my husband and four children ages 12,14,15 (boys) and 16 (girl) On the first day they met friends mostly girls and they were NEVER bored. They boys went to off limits at night just to check out who was there but never stayed for any length of time. they mostly went swimming till midnight and went to see princess idol in club fusion and to some shows. I felt as though I had no kids for a week, it was great.

I went to lotus spa twice once for a massage which was almost impossible to get an appointment for so I had to get one at 8 in the morning on a port day but it was cheaper so that was good. I suggest you make an appointment on line before you go. I also got a facial and when I saw the bill all the tension was back...did not expect it to be that expensive. I told them I was allergic to many things like perfumes so the gave me, I think it was called the lift signature and I didn't know it was for 80 minutes either, so when I got the bill it was 160.00 for the facial and 24.00 for the tip..total..184.00. That's double of what I spent for the massage. Was it worth it...I didn't think so cause then they try and sell you the products they used on you which totaled close to 600.00. I couldn't help but laugh and told her I didn't have that kind of money and then she shows me some other product that was less than half of that, but I didn't buy that either after that bill I wasn't buying anything more my husband would of killed me.That was another thing I wrote about in the questionaire.

The service on the ship was excellent and I never had to wait for a table for dinner and I went to eat all different times each night and never made a reservation. The food was good especially the veal chop, cornish hen and lamb. I thought the portions were small but all you have to do is ask for more and they will give you as much as you want. We ate at Sabatinis one night and to tell you the truth I didn't think it was any better than the dining room food. Alot of people raved about it but being Italian and a really good cook (so I'm told) I didn't think it was as good as my cooking or some restaurants I've eaten in. In my opinion it wasn't worth the extra money. I didn't go to Sterlings Steak House and I wish I would of cause their meats were soooo tender and I think I would of enjoyed that better. The buffet rooms were realy good but I did come home missing GARLIC!!

I heard from some one who works there that Grahm was gonna be there till the end of October. They usually work six months at a time and he's been there a month. He has a british sense of humor and some people could get offended by some of the things he says but once you get to know his ways you realize that he has a sarcastic sense of humor which is harmless.

There is so much to write about so I'm gonna say goodnight for now and will write again tomarrow...Good night all...

ps: read on another post that Graham is leaving Sept 18th

Hi--Welcome Back.

Yes, I just saw that Graham is supposed to leave on Sept.18, that is the date of our cruise, so I guess we'll miss him!

My husband and I were in Ft. Lauderdale for the July 4 weekend-we only live 2 1/2 hours from there. We saw the CaribbeP in port-facing the 17th Street Causeway Bridge. Later, we took some pictures of her. Then, later, around 5PM, I hustled over to the Beach from our hotel to watch "our" ship leave.

The Celebrity was already well out. A few minutes later, out came the Zuiderdam-our cruise ship of last year. Then around 5:29PM, our pretty ship entered the Ocean. The Ships seemed close enough for me to touch, although I think I was about a mile up. I knew of one lady on there so gave a big smile, knowing she was aboard. (stoneharborlady).I could just about see all of you on the top deck during your sailaway get-together. It was really great seeing the Ship go on its way with all of you on it, after you'd planned the cruise for so long. Thanks for your review. Lynne

Did you 12 year old have any problem signing up for the off limits or did he claim teen status? My son will still be 12 and is taking a 13 year old classmate in October. I can't imagine very many children at that time of year and my son has experienced cruising other lines will be disappointed when the programs aren't like RCCL or Disney unless he can go check out the girls. That is his newest middle school thing to do and looking at 10 and 11 year olds will be uncool. Once he hit middle school he thinks "elementary school-age" kids still in the 10-11 age group are so much younger. It is a very difficult age and we plan to allow him to bring his playstation.

Thanks!

My 12 year old son got into off limits a few times depending on who was at the door, on the other hand his friend who was also on the ship couldn't get in. I think they let my son in because he looks older and his friend didn't. if they want to check your age they ask you for your card wich is your room key and also the card you use to buy anything and it has your info on it like how old you are and they won't let you in if your not 13. You carry this card everywhere with you and if you buy a soda sticker,its on this card.They didn't do anything with their age group because they felt too old for it so it is kind of a problem because they are in that in between age and there isn't any specific place for that age. They do let everyone in club fusion and the boys went there alot and also they hung out by the pools and hot tubs which are open till midnight. Hope this helps...

Archived