? re: AOS vs. EOS

We took our 1st cruise on the AOS out of San Juan in April and loved it. We've now booked a 2nd on EOS out of Miami to celebrate DH's 50th B-day.

Not having much experience I assumed that the experience would be similar as the 2 ships are so similar. Is this a fair assumption?

We are traveling in early March which we think is outside the school break timeframe as it will be just the 2 of us and don't want to take up space on a cruise that is the only option for those with kids when we can go anytime.

We had such a wonderful time on the AOS and are very excited about going again. I'm just wondering if the experience is different based on the different class of ship or can it be hugely different from one ship to another on the same class?

As always, thanks for sharing everyones wealth of experience!

Same as you, we went on the AOS first (April also), then Voyager ,then Explorer, the experience is the same, unless you book a different cat cabin. Decorations are somewhat different. There are lots of schools all over the country that have spring break in March so you still might get lots of families, but dont let that bother you.

Thanks gkrebs, I was hoping that was the case.

We aren't bothered by the kids at all, we love them I just figured since we had flexibility in our schedule and some do not based on school vacations and such we would try and pick an off time.

We had such a great time on the AOS and are looking forward to doing even more exploring as one week wasn't nearly enough time to see and do everything on the ship!

Hello from next door in Stamford !! Curious as to when you were on the AOS as we sailed this year, too, in April (16-23) during spring break.

You will enjoy the Explorer - that was our first Voyager-class cruise. The ships are exactly the same except for the decor (which, honestly, can't say I noticed the differences). Of course, you will be on an Eastern or Western route, rather than Southern.

Since you are sailing in early March, you may be avoiding Spring break altogether.

You will have a great cruise!

Robin

Archived