Old Lahaina Luau---discounts?

Lydia B.

Friends,

Will be on the POH in April, have heard wonderful things about the Old Lahaina Luau and would like to attend. I have found that Kapalua Executive Transportation will take you from the Pier (after they pick folks up at the airport) to the Luau for $41.00 for two people ONE way (includes tax, not tip)...their number is 800-833-2303.

I was also interested if any of you that have attended or will be going have found any discounts (we are NOT a group) for OLL??? Thanks, Lydia of Ohio

Hi Lydia,

I posted the same question a little while ago so I think I can help.

According to these knowledgable folks on the boards, there are no discounts offered on the OLL. As a matter of fact, it is so popular that if you are planning on booking, do so right away because they sell out months in advance. I booked at the end of August for our trip at the end of November.

Good luck!

I was told that they have a 10% AAA discount or at least that is what I wrote on my reservation page that I printed out with the menu, etc. "don't forget the AAA card":cool: -- so I'm hoping that's true, a quick call will tell you I guess. At $90/pp or so that can add up to alot of money, we have four in our group. Good luck. If you do decide to check, please post reply with your answer so we will all know. Thanks.

Ok folks I went ahead and booked the Old Lahaina Luau. I asked about AAA discount...nope...no discounts of any kind. The young lady I talked to was extremely knowledgable and friendly. She was not familiar with Kapalua Executive Transportation.

OLL will take reservations up to a year in advance (note the price I got was the 2006 price), they take credit card info., but do not charge it until you are there and once there you can just pay cash. The only require the credit card ifo. in case you bail on them, but you can cancel up to 10:00 AM the morning of the luau, which I think is very generous.

So I guess we plan on taking the NCL shuttle over to Lahina for lunch and shopping then on to the luau which opens their gates at 5:45, but since it is reserved seating no real rush to get there right on time. The gal also said they are about a 20 minute walk from the center of Lahaina to the luau area and that taxis were available. Coming back we will take the Kapalua Executive Transportation, unless we can find some kind souls at the Luau that have rented a car, I would rather chip in on their car rental!

Ok, just wanted to share in details, Lydia of Ohio

So I guess we plan on taking the NCL shuttle over to Lahina for lunch and shopping then on to the luau which opens their gates at 5:45, but since it is reserved seating no real rush to get there right on time. The gal also said they are about a 20 minute walk from the center of Lahaina to the luau area and that taxis were available. Coming back we will take the Kapalua Executive Transportation, unless we can find some kind souls at the Luau that have rented a car, I would rather chip in on their car rental!

You should be able to rent a car for less than $40, which would also give you quite a bit of freedom during the day. Or is this a situation where you want to avoid driving so you can indulge in mai-tais? ;)

I am just going to rent a car for the day...good lord it is only $28.50 vs all the other transport fees. And since the friend I am going with doesn't drink...hey no worries.

Attn: lambs2...just wanted to thank you, I swear I am following in your June footsteps. Took your advise about taking a bit of food from the ship (even got cool lunch bags from LL Bean, one is a B-Day gift for the friend I am going with). Am staying at the Aqua Palms partially because of your advice. now going to rent a car, because you make it seem most simple. Thanks for all of your help, advice and kindness, Lydia of ohio

Friends,

Will be on the POH in April, have heard wonderful things about the Old Lahaina Luau and would like to attend. I have found that Kapalua Executive Transportation will take you from the Pier (after they pick folks up at the airport) to the Luau for $41.00 for two people ONE way (includes tax, not tip)...their number is 800-833-2303.

I was also interested if any of you that have attended or will be going have found any discounts (we are NOT a group) for OLL??? Thanks, Lydia of Ohio

I am wont be much help on getting you to the luau but I did want to tell you that you are making a wonderful choice going to the old Lahaina Luau!! We just got back from our honeymoon last week (we stated 3 days in Oahu and 7 in Maui). We went to the luau and it was AWESOME!!!!!! The food is WONDERFUL!!!!!! Eat so pig for me! We are already trying to find cheap ways to go back to Maui! I am so jealous!!!!

alleyoop:

Thanks for letting us know you enjoyed the luau! We are really looking forward to this, and there are SO MANY luaus to choose from!

If you don't mind...how far in advance did you guys book, and did you do ok on seating?

Congrats to you on your recent marriage too!

Hi,

I have a thread about Luaus.are they worth it on this site.Check it out. Everyone was so nice with their comments and thoughts as to which luau was better. In the end I booked OLL because mu husband had read so much about it being the best. There are no discounts, cost is $89.00 plus tax. Be sure to ask for seats at the tables otherwise you will see the show on a mat on the ground. Could be uncomfortable.

We are sailing on POH Oct 23 and I booked Sunday Sept 17 and got seats no problem. But people did advise to book ahead as it can sell out.

C.:)

alleyoop:

Thanks for letting us know you enjoyed the luau! We are really looking forward to this, and there are SO MANY luaus to choose from!

If you don't mind...how far in advance did you guys book, and did you do ok on seating?

Congrats to you on your recent marriage too!

Thanks!

We actually booked it 5 months ahead of time and at that time the orginal date that we wanted was already sold out. I would call immediatly!!! You don't want to miss it! We actually requested the traditional mat seating. It was the best because the mat seating is done in all around the the stage. Being this way you have front row seating if you do the mat seating and it really was not uncomftable!

I booked yesterday and we are not going until April, also booked the car and a one night prestay in Honolulu. Early, but know it is done. Plus for OLL they don't charge your credit card until you go or don't show. Hotel was a different story charged my card for a one night stay. Lydia fo Ohio

I booked yesterday and we are not going until April, also booked the car and a one night prestay in Honolulu. Early, but know it is done. Plus for OLL they don't charge your credit card until you go or don't show. Hotel was a different story charged my card for a one night stay. Lydia fo Ohio

Archived