Question about transfer from Miami port to FLL airport

mattsmor

Hi All,

We are cruising in RCCL in November. I am looking at flights back after our cruise and am wondering how late in the day we need to book the flight.

For example, our ship docks in Miami at 7:00 a.m. according to the itinerary after a 7-night trip in the Caribbean. We will therefore need to go through customs in Miami port before we can head to the airport.

Can we make an 11:30 a.m. flight out of FLL (i.e. we'd have to be at FLL by 9:30 a.m.)? If so, can we use an RCCL transfer bus to get there, or will we have to book our own transportation.

Thanks!

A taxi from Miami to FLL is about $75 and will take 45 minutes to an hour depending on traffic. It is the fastest and easiest way to go. The transfer bus will not leave until it is full of passengers and their luggage. You need to keep in mind that no one can get off theship until it is cleared by Customs. I have been on ships that started debarkation at 7:30 and on others that have not started until 9:30. The starting time for debarkation is always a crapshoot. If debarkation starts early and you are in the first groups to get off the ship you may be OK. If there are any delays you may have a serious problem.

We used this service last May and he was right on time and very good. Lionel's Limo Service, picked us up at FLL and took us to the HI at the Port then picked us up at the Port and returned us to FLL. His number is 954-274-2233. Hope this helps.

Archived