Another newbie question...

Vellamint

If I book through a TA will I have access to my reservation on the Carnival website (probably not I am thinking).

If I book through Carnival will the Consultant there keep checking for a lower price for me (probably not I am thinking again)

Thanks all for your patience.

As CruiseIsGood said, you will have access on Carnival website with your booking number that you can get from your TA. That will allow you to purchase gifts for your cabin, purchase excursions, Funship dollars, etc.

What you cannot do is call Carnival and speak to someone about your cruise. I'm sure they would answer general questions, but as far as asking for price reductions, onboard credit, etc., you would have to go through your TA for that.

If you book with a Carnival PVP, it probably depends on which PVP you get. Some might go the extra mile to check for price drops, but you shouldn't count on that. They have a lot of bookings, and it would be difficult for them to keep tabs on all of them. You should be checking for price drops yourself, which you could do whether you booked through a TA or a Carnival PVP.

Good luck! :)

My DD calls our TA once a week to ask for pricing for our Feb. 4 cruise. Last Friday she called (during a one day sale) and we were able to get wonderful upgrades. She got an OV room for LESS than her inside room, we got a balcony for $45 pp more than our OV room. It pays to check.

Archived