anyone who is in Tortola December 5th is interested in taking Patouche to the Baths

anneke lief

Hello,

We are a Belgian couple that take the Zuiderdam (Holland America Line) on December 2th for a cruise to the Eastern Carribean.

On December 5th the Zuiderdam will dock at Tortola from 2pm till 10pm.

We are interested in going to the beautiful Baths at Virgin Gorda. Because we only have limited time to go to the Baths (sunset is at approximately 5.40pm in December) I searched for a company that will bring us there as soon and as long as possible. Taking the ferry is no option because the Ferry leaves only at 3.15pm so there is not enough time at the Baths.

There is a possibility to take the organised ship's excursion which leaves at 2.30 pm (approx. 4 hours, 59$) but I have to say that we do not like cruiseship excursions because there are always overcrowded and too expensive for what you get.

So I wrote an e-mail to Julie from Patouche Charters (www.patouche.com and patouche@surfbvi.com) and got a very nice proposition.

The problem is that they can only offer this if enough people are interested.

Their proposition is : they take us to the Baths at 2.30 pm on their Extreme Machine (a 51' hydrofoil assisted power cat). It is about half an hour to arrive at the Baths. So we will be at the Baths from 3 till 5.30pm. Once at the Baths you can join them for a guided snorkling tour or for a guided land tour to an area at the Baths called Devils Bay. There is the possibility to snorkel, swim or simple relax at the beautiful beach or crawl through the boulders. Cold beverages and sorkel equipment is included all for only 54$ if reserving in advance online. Children get discount.

If someone is interested contact me at anneke.lief@hotmail.com or contact Julie from Patouche.

annke lief

Hi Ann and anyone else interested in this tour,

I emailed Julie at Patouche and asked her if there was a minimum number of people she would need to schedule this.....here is her response:

Hi Debbie

Thank you for showing an interest in us at Patouche Charters! We would be pleased to be able to take you out for an amazing afternoon at sea

Oil ‘N Water, our 45’ Sea Ray motor yacht would be the vessel available to take you for the afternoon trip. She normally goes out on private charter only. $1500.00 for the day. However, I did mention that I would do our regularly scheduled trip on this vessel if we could get a few more people to join. I wasn’t very specific on the number. Our half day price is $60.00 per person, with a 10% discount for reserving in advance. This makes the afternoon $54.00 per person. It would certainly be nice to have 10 friends, in order to cover the cost. But I also do not want to confirm your morning and then take it away from you if we don’t get that many.

So, let us please just do the best we can and just go for it!!!

By the way, this is a little bit about our trip.

Our half day trip, which goes to the Baths on Virgin Gorda, is from 2:30pm until no later than 6pm. Generally our return is right around 5:30pm. We will cruise up to Virgin Gorda, where we will spend the afternoon at the Baths. You are more than welcome to join us for a guided tour snorkeling the path of the Baths, as well as the path on land. With the path on land, we will crawl through the boulders to an area called Devils Bay. You have an opportunity here to snorkel some more, swim some more or simply relax some more before we head back to Road Town.

Really, a great way to spend the afternoon!!

Your afternoon includes endless ice cold beverages as well as snorkel equipment. This is all for only $60.00 per person. And, for reserving in advance, on line, we are pleased to offer a 10% discount, making the day only $54.00 per person!! J

Please, let me know what questions or concerns you may have and we look forward to planning the perfect morning at sea with us at Patouche!

Thanks,

Julie

Archived