Shore Sites on Windsurf Rome to Nice

Pesto

:confused: Hi - my husband and I will be traveling on the Windsurf on October 15, 2006. We have plans set up for a Florence overnight (my 50th birthday) but wondered what the other ports of call had to offer. Can anyone share their experinces with: 1) Porto-Vecchio, 2) Portoferraio, and 3) Monte Carlo?

I am mostly looking for what not to miss and good places to eat but any other advise is appriciated!!

Suggest you search this forum and the Europe forum using the names of the ports to get info about them. I know I've posted about Portoferraio on one of these and there's more info than you'd ever need about Monaco on the Europe Board. Note: Just make sure you spell the ports correctly when you search or you won't get all the info that's there - not being critical - just trying to be helpful.

Another source of info is the Windstar cruiseline website - find the itinerary of the cruise you're taking and then click on the port -> for most you'll see two headings: Shore Excursions and Port Tips - click on Port Tips and you'll get something very similar (or identical) to the port info hand out distributed on the ship the night before the port.

Archived