Renewing Your Vows Onboard

akh40

I'm wondering if anyone has done this and can share details...we are considering this for our 20th Anniversary cruise to Alaska next year, the actual date of our anniversary occurs during the cruise. On the RCCL website, they quote $400 for the "Royal Encore Vow Renewal". It includes a ceremony, recorded music, a bouquet and boutonniere, a certificate, a cake, champagne, one 8x10 photo (you can purchase more!!!) and a frame.

Also, it says that the ceremony will be performed by "your Cruise Program Administrator" or "your ship's Social Host". Is this the Cruise Director? Or someone else? I thought the Captain performed ceremonies but I guess I was wrong. Anyone have any info to share? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

Amanda:)

I don't know of anyone who has used the package. On board X Horizon a few yrs ago, we had a retired priest onboard as Chaplain. He did offer an ecumenical renewal of vows for anyone interested. This was on a 10 day cruise. The service was well attended and about 15 couples renewed their vows.

But you can't always be sure their will be a clergyman onboard your sailing.

My husband and I renewed our wedding vows on the Jewel for our 40th anniversary. The social director performed the ceremony and it was lovely.

He contacted us the day we boarded and gave us several different types of vows to review and decide what we wanted - we also discussed several venues for the ceremony. We finally decided on a lovely lounge in the rear of the ship and invited several CC friends that we had been conversing with over the months before the trip. The social director sent the invitations and time and location to each of our guests.

As we were married in Europe we did not get the bouquet or boutinnaire and they deducted $50.00 from my total. I had a lovely silk bouquet made and a matching rose for my husband.

The cake was wonderful and the champagne flowed. They only provide one bottle but we purchased several more. There was a waiter present who poured the wine and passed the cake around after we cut it. The photographer was wonderful - she took about 150 pictures: before the ceremony, during the ceremony, afterward with cake and champagne and then we went around the ship and took several more photos. The small band was setting up in the lounge when we finished and they invited us back for a dance after the photos. The photographer came back with us and took photos of our dance.

It was very difficult to pick the pictures we wanted to keep but the whole package was to me anyway very expensive. We selected about 10 photos and the 8x10 of the two of us and I had 4 more 5x7's of the same photo for our children which I had framed.

All and all with the extra champagne and the photos I spent another $300.00

but it was really worth every penny. Everyone was wonderful on board and the whole things was just perfect.

If you have any questions - let me know.

Kay

We want to do our vows...but just with friends around as such....if we all "stopped" at a location and did something...is someone going to chase us away????

We can do our vows to each other.....we were going to do them this year (10 years) but decided to wait until another cruise next April. However, we may just spring for it? and do something special? But would want one of our friends to read the vows as such??? Any ideas folks?

Lou

the romance package is a joke...no captain no clergy...someone from the staff conducts a 5 minute ceramony...you get a cake...a large picture in a frame...bottle of champagne...enough room for about 35-40 people to observe...it usually happens on a day at sea...cost 350 to 400...my dummy brother in law did it for his 10 wedding anniversary when we had a grouip of 44 on the enchanment back in 2001...missed the belly flop contest becuase of it...my wife got pissed off at him becuase he wanted her to stand up for him so she put her dress on over her bathing suit...it was a mess and the money went down the rccl drain...they delivered the cake to the table for dinner the nite of the ceramony and nobody ate it...baked alaska vs wedding cake...my brother in laws wife got pissed off when no body would eat their cake and selected the baked alaska...she took off out of the dinning room in a huff...oh well...don't waste your money...

Archived