Bob Marley Zion Experience?

maryo

Has anyone done the Bob Marly Zion Experience Tour? Just wondering what your opinios about the tour are. Thanks in advance.

We went at the end of September, but we used Marva Shaw instead and it was considerably cheaper. I heard that the Zion bus doesn't have air conditioning, not completely sure if that's true, but it was enough to make us seek out another mode of transportation.

We loved the tour. The first stop inside the Nine Miles compound is the gift shop, then they take you to the on site Bob Marley bar where you can purchase a Red Stripe beer or other refreshment. Then you'll be taken to see the Mt Zion rock, Bob's childhood home, and lastly his mausoleum. Going to Nine Miles was the highlight of our cruise, the hour long ride through the mountains of Saint Anne's Parish is breathtaking. You get to see the REAL Jamaica and hang out with Rastafarians, for me it just doesn't get any better. Our tour guide made sure we were well taken care of and even provided us with a cooler full of free Red Stripe beers and bottles of water.

If you have any specific questions I'll try to answer them for you.

Ras Tafari!

We already booked the tour through our cruise ship (RC Enchantment of the Seas Oct. 30), hopefully it will be just as good as your experience. Anyone else want to tell about their experiences on this tour?

I'm sure you will have loads of fun, I think the main difference in price is that admission to Nine Miles and lunch is included in the Zion bus package.

I wrote a review of our cruise, it has highlights from our visit to Nine Miles if you'd like to read it:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=22221

("Bridgette" was our tour guide supplied by Marva Shaw, I'm afraid the review isn't very clear about that)

Enjoy Jamaica, Ras Tafari! :)

• 3 weeks later...

budg63,

You were right about this tour! It was also one of the highlights of our vacation. We had a great group of people of all ages and had the most fun. The scenery was spectacular and the people of Jamaica were great! Many people in our group exchanged emails afterwards.

Ras Tafari! :D

Archived