Segway Adventure in Cozumel

DJTexas

I haven't done the excursion but I did try the Segway and it's a lot of fun. It takes a little practice, but not much. They have pretty good teachers also. If you do it, say hello to David Gomez, Jr. He is one of their guides and a real nice young man. His dad works for us in another business.

I think their excursion goes to Chankanaab Park but I'm not sure about that. I cannot recommend the "excursion" per se, but I can tell you I had fun with the unit practicing.

I am just looking for comments on the Segway Adventure in Cozumel. Has anybody done this excursion???:confused:

is this through your cruise ship? or can you give me a link to this? we would love to do this! thanks!:)

I cannot answer you completely about the tour at this moment, but will by tomorrow.

The Segway office and where the tour begins is south of town and about 300 yards south of the Pemex gas station in that area. It is on the bottom floor of a building that has a bordello upstairs named "BAR & Co."

I mention that because taxis will all know the bar; and maybe not Segway by name. LOL

You can look for more detailed response here tomorrow after I talk to David for you.

I cannot answer you completely about the tour at this moment, but will by tomorrow.

The Segway office and where the tour begins is south of town and about 300 yards south of the Pemex gas station in that area. It is on the bottom floor of a building that has a bordello upstairs named "BAR & Co."

I mention that because taxis will all know the bar; and maybe not Segway by name. LOL

You can look for more detailed response here tomorrow after I talk to David for you.

thanks and in the meantime anyone else on RCCL

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do;jsessionid=0000ucfTV9tewlhBfu7nBkfVEWU:10kohi76p?ProductCode=CZ23&DestinationCode=CARIB&sourcePage=shorexByTypePortDest&ActivityTypeId=2

If you want to try this and you can get it with the ship, for now at least I recommend you do just that.

I tried to get answers and so far have this. You need to reserve in advance and with a travel company that sells their tour. I have so far been unable to get the names of any of those providers; obviously the cruise shore excursion departments are among them and maybe that's all there is.

We did this in August this year. It seemed like the training (practice) portion was really long (maybe too long) - but it is time on the Segway. The ride down the beach to the snorkeling area was fun. (But there were people that obviously didn't practice enough as they ran off the road on the way). I don't want to scare anyone away because it was fun and no one got hurt. They provide and make you wear, knee pads, elbow pads, helmets which is good. It was just VERY HOT when we went in August. We had to leave the snorkeling portion as we had something else planned. They gave us a voucher to get back into town from where the snorkeling was. Overall we are not sorry we did it. It was fun.

• 1 year later...

RC Voyager of the Seas from Galveston -> Jamaica -> Grand Caymen -> Cuzumel 02-15-08. I just got back from cozumel where we took the segway tour booked through RC cruiseline (I think there was only one). We all met in the tour area just off the ship and walked about 2 "Mexican" blocks as they put it. It was quite a hike but there was a very air conditioned room waiting with cold sodas. They trained us on the segways in a matter of about 15 minutes. We then went back into the air conditioned room for some additional verbal instruction. While we were in there, a helper moved all of the segways across the busy street and positioned in the proper direction for us. We all crossed carefully, mounted the segways and were off! The ride from there to the snorkeling area was maybe 3 miles (not nearly long enough!). When we arrived at the snorkling area most people were asking if we could ride some more but that was it. I asked if there were private rentals but he said no :-(. Anyway, we dropped the segways and grouped up around the black bottom swimming pool for further instructions. The place we landed was a hacienda with a pool, eatery and lawnchairs. It was very relaxing. After getting our gear we were off to snorkling which was pretty nice. The water was beautiful and fish were plentiful. After the tour was complete, they hailed taxis for all of us and paid the fair in advance. All in all, the segway ride was too short but the overall experience was wonderful and affordable. My 14 year old daughter had a blast with her dad too! I asked the tour leader why he had so many little friends following him in the water and what he was feeding them from under his wetsuit (hundreds of fish followed us all around the water). He told me they were "Mexican fish" and that he was feeding them tortillas :-)...

Let me echo that the segways were a lot of fun. We went on this tour on February 20, 2008 while on our "Enchantment of the Seas" cruise. The snorkeling was very good and there were actually hundreds of fish. Let me add that we were able to ride the segways back and did not have to taxi. If some people are careless or can not stay on the sidewalk as noted in the older post above, they will not let you do the segways on the return trip. In other words, one or two people can ruin it for all the rest. Also, we did not have to wear knee or elbow pads, only helments. The guides were great, be prepared to tip well.

• 4 months later...

My husband, two teens and I just returned from Enchantment of the Seas, and we did this excursion, booked through RC. Aurelio, our tour guide, was great, and his quiet partner, Bob, made sure we were safe from traffic throughout our segway ride, following us in a jeep. We walked a couple of blocks from the port to their "office." The video they were supposed to show us would not work, so they took us right outside to practice on the Segways. I am 50, and not terribly adventurous, but this was VERY easy and fun! It takes just a little practice, and you are off and riding. Our group consisted of 13 people, all well behaved, so we got to actually segway past the snorkeling area for another mile or so, and then came back. Some of our party did not snorkel, and there was a nice beach for them to relax, and get a bite to eat. The snorkeling was in a beautiful area, but it did involve a good bit of swimming. We saw lots of fish and some eels. We snorkeled for about 45 minutes; my daughter got a little queasy from the roll of the ocean, so that was probably enough! We changed back into our clothes in a perfectly fine restroom area, and segwayed back to the tour office. Plenty of ice cold water and sodas were provided throughout the excursion. We wore our bathing suits under our clothes, but you could take a backpack with them and a towel, and they carry your backpacks in the jeep, along with the snorkeling equipment, so that you don't have to carry anything on the segway.

P7150128.jpg.4e733860288280a44be04860a49d5aac.jpg

P7150129.jpg.4e53deba4f062b9cd7198d312bbd25cb.jpg

• 10 months later...

I thought I read that at Paradise beach you can rent a Segway for $15 for 8 minutes, can you also rent these at Mr. Sanchos? Is there a weight limit for the Segway? Also does anyone know how much it cost to rent a jet ski at Paradise Beach or Mr. Sanchos? Still deciding which beach to go to, but these answers may make my decision for me.

Archived