Spirit class Cat 8e, 8g &8i with huge balconies question

Tamara

We had a 8I extended aft balcony on the Miracle which is the same as the Spirit. We asked our steward if she would get us a lounge chair, so we had the lounge chair and two chairs and a table, and room to move around. It was more than adequate, and we also got an aft extended balcony on the Spirit for Alaska next year.

If you're talking about the ones with the crew area between them, meaning the balcony is realllllllllllly long, my parents and sister each stayed in one (I booked for them).

The sideways room is handicapped.

The normal room is just normal, and the balcony is really long. While it's nice to have, I think unless you're with a big group it's not worth having. The regular balconies are plenty big for two people. If you're with other people and having parties on it all the time, that's great, except it seems that with a group, everyone wants to be near a bar. :D

Hi, We have stayed in the cat 10, (solid green) and loved the cabin. I was wondering if anyone can give me feedback on the 8e,8g,or 8i cabins with the huge balconies. Thank you-Tamara

Carnival does not have a cat 10. Cat 4 is inside. Cat 5 has port hole windows. Cat 6 is an oceanview. Cat 7 has French doors. Cat 8 is a balcony. Cat 11 is a mini-suite. Cat 12 is the Penthouse suite.

Cat 9 on the Destiny and Conquest class ships is the rear corner cabin with an extended balcony. Cat 9 on the Spirit class ships is a cabin that is larger than a cat 8 cabin, but not as large as a cat 11 cabin. The cat 9 cabins have a balcony that is about double the size of a standard balcony.

On the Spirit class ships the 8c, 8e, 8g & 8i cabins are the same size as the other cat 8 cabins. However, these balconies are 50% bigger than an standard balcony (they are deeper - not wider). The extra room does make a difference.

For all categories, A is the lowest deck that class of cabin is on. As you move further up the ship the letter increases (A, B, C, D, E ...).

Below is a photo of a rear facing (extended) balcony on the Glory (a cat 8B cabin) ...

7442balcony.jpg

Below is a photo of a cat 9 balcony on the Glory ...

7440cat9Abalcony.jpg

It wraps around to the right, so you can get both a rear view and a side view (or a 270 degree view).

Archived