Formal nights on the Crown??

trn68

We are booked on the Crown Princess on the Jan.27th cruise out of San Juan. What nights are the formal nights? Any advice on tux rental would be appreciated. Also, is there a "welcome aboard" reception the first night?? Thanks!!

We are booked on the Crown Princess on the Jan.27th cruise out of San Juan. What nights are the formal nights? Any advice on tux rental would be appreciated. Also, is there a "welcome aboard" reception the first night?? Thanks!!

Typically, on a seven day cruise, the second and second to last nights are formal...the second formal night may change depending if you are in port that day or not. Once the Crown repositions for the southern Caribbean, those passengers will be able to better inform you.

Advice on Tux rental...buy one instead. You can search online and also try JC Penney online for packages. After your first cruise, the tux is paid for. Why rent when you can own. Besides, you never know who went commando in that rental...:eek:

Why rent when you can own. Besides, you never know who went commando in that rental...:eek:

I rent because I don't want to lug it in my luggage, especially with the weight restrictions implimented by the airlines. It saves room and weight.

I would also assume they dry clean them between renters :)

To the original poster, it is easy to rent your tux. Get measured at your local tuxedo rental. They usually do it free of charge, just say you have a out of town rental and need to get measured. There is a website link on the princess site where you can order your tux. It is great, when you get to your cabin, it is there waiting for you. Make sure you try it on before the formal night, so if you need some minor alterations it can be done, and no charge for that either.

Archived