Care Vacations - Miami

Riba

Has anyone ever used Care Vacations out of Miami. RC recommended them for my DH oxygen needs. As we are coming in the day before the cruise, they will have a setup at the hotel and then at the ship the next day. I am just wondering if they are reliable. I have nightmares of them not having the oxygen for him, and then what do we do? I hope someone can put my mind at ease. Thanks for any info.

Hi Riba,

We used Care Vacations to rent a folding wheelchair, and it was on the ship when and where it was promised. So many people on these boards have used Care Vacations that they surely would be out of business, and not allowed near the ships if they were not reliable. Of course, anything COULD happen, but from everything I've read, and experienced, they are reliable. I'd love to hear your review when you return, as my Mom is on Oxygen, and thinks she can't cruise again.

Have a great cruise!

Riba, We have used Care Vacations many times for both oxygen & scooter rentals & they always have come through for us. A friend just did a 14 night Celebrity cruise & was able to have her home oxygen company make the arrangements & medicare covered it & all went well. Not sure if you qualify for this , but you might want to look into it. Hope this is helpful!:)

I have had hundreds of letters from our readers who have used Care Vacations and been happy with them; and oddly enough not one complaint. Granted you do pay a little more for them, but I think it's worth it because of the personalized service and attention to detail. And that's especially important when oxygen is involved. Plus their office is located in Mami so they know the local guys. I have no problem recommending them, and those folks that know me know that I don't recommend a lot of services.

Candy

Thank you so much for reassuring me about my DH oxygen. Our health care service does not cover 12 days, they just do up to 10. I am wondering if I can get them to do the day we are at the hotel, and then let Care Vacations take care of the 11 nights on the cruise? At least medicare would pay for one night. I will have to inquire about this. Thanks again for the quick response.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I wrote back in October to ask about what company to use for Oxygen. We were going to use CareVacations, but we had to cancel our trip because of illness. Thanks for all the answers to my question. Happy Cruising

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm in correspondence with someone at Carevacations now, and was surprised to see they are using a hotmail address, so this has me a bit concerned, as I am about to part with credit card information.

Any advice greatly received.:confused:

I'm in correspondence with someone at Carevacations now, and was surprised to see they are using a hotmail address, so this has me a bit concerned, as I am about to part with credit card information.

Any advice greatly received.:confused:

don't ever send your credit card via e-mail -- it's not secure, no matter what e-mail you send it to. Only use a secure form to submit your credit card info. The internet is a great place to research options, but I say call up the 800 number and talk to the folks there if you have doubts. You never know, somebody could be impersonating them. Stranger things have happened. And you should make the call -- not they call you -- just to make sure you ar talking with CAre Vacations. When in doubt, pick up the phone.

Candy

Candy

I just checked my records for CareVacations and every email was from carevacations.com never a hotmail address. Judy has given some great advice here. Good Luck!

Would you mind very much giving a link here to carevacations website, just incase I did end up on a spoof site?

Thank you.

Jay

Have never heard any complaints about CareVacations - however their prices are a little steep. I usually search the web and find a local company. They are generally cheaper, and I have never had a problem with any of them, and I like to save money. And as someone else said - Never, ever, ever send credit card info by email. I usually try to use their local phone number.

• 2 weeks later...

We called Royal Caribbean and they recommended 2 companies. carevacations.com and SpecialNeedsatSea.com. We called both and Special Needs at Sea gave a better price so we went with them. Everything was as promised so we were happy and would use them again. We spoke with Andrew who was very friendly and knowledgeable about the oxygen.

Archived