How to check out cabin on Emerald?

cayosusa

We are booked in Cabin R326 on the Emerald in July. Is the Emerald a 'copy' of another ship (would that be a sister ship?) that I could ask a question regarding cabin?

I love the high deck and central location - but have been reading about some sort of overhang from the Lido deck which we would be right under. Plus - we are right under the edge of a pool area. I did call Princess and was told that cabins under public areas are better insulated - so that shouldn't be a problem.

Any comments greatfully appreciated!

We are booked in Cabin R326 on the Emerald in July. Is the Emerald a 'copy' of another ship (would that be a sister ship?) that I could ask a question regarding cabin?

Here is a picture of your deck. To see the decks above and below your room click here.

deck_ep_riviera_main.png

Plus - we are right under the edge of a pool area. I did call Princess and was told that cabins under public areas are better insulated - so that shouldn't be a problem.

DON'T believe what the reps at Princess tell you. They are woefully under-trained and uninformed. They are trained only to give whatever positive information they can to sell you a cabin. Do you think they'd share that there is or may be an issue? From first hand experience, I can tell you that the cabins under public areas ARE NOT better insulated, at least not on Princess. It WILL be a problem.

Do a search on the Princess boards regarding this issue. You will find others that agree with me. You will find others that say it is not that big of a problem. Are you willing to spend a week of vacation taking the chance that it may or may not?

Pick another location!

The issue existed on the Caribbean Princess long before the Crown was launched. However, you'll find complaints about the Crown's Riviera deck. I don't believe the shipyard will find a sudden magical cure for the Emerald...

Good luck.

That is a BB category cabin...try to switch to a BB on Carib deck. They have larger balconies.

On Baja deck avoid BB aft cabins B750,B751,B752,B753 ! It has been reported here that onn the Crown Princess these cabins have a beam obstruction. One would hope this would be corrected on the new Emerald Princess (sister ship to the Crown) but we will have to wait and see. I would not like to find myself in one of these cabins!!

Archived