How does Oceania compare to Seabourn?

SusanNJ

Interesting that you like Seabourn better than Silversea. We have done 5 Seabourn Pride sailings and one Silversea sailing....much prefer Silversea to Seabourn.

Regarding your question, I have found that the food on O is comparable, if not better than on Seabourn. On O there are two non-buffet specialty restaurants and a buffet-type specialty restaurant, Tapas on the Terrace ( which we really like), whereas Seabourn just has the Terrace Cafe.

Regarding service, I'd have to give it to Seabourn, but not by that much. Remember, Seabourn usually has less than 200 pax.(at least that's been our experience) while O is usually full or near full. I would have to say that Seabourn's staff is better trained and it shows.

Regarding the staterooms, I can only address what we have occupied on O (a Vista suite).The Vista suite is big and well furnished, but is susceptible to lots of motion in rough seas. From what I can gleen from the O brochure, the PH1 -PH3 suites are comparable in size to the suites we had on Seabourn (we've booked a PH2 for a May sailing on the Regatta). However, on O you get a veranda - on Seabourn you do not get one. What's really nice on O is the butler service, for which you pay. On Seabourn, room service is comparable to the O butler service - in fact, probably a bit better.

You can't go wrong with O. We especially like the fact that formal attire is not required and rarely seen. It's not all-inclusive, but that's not a major factor for my wife & I.

The one thing that I liked about Seabourn was the "special event" on each leg of a cruise. We've done some great ones.

having been on seabourne silversea and oceania, I thought I had found the ultimate with silversea, that was till I discovered oceania. the food is excellent on both. But the one thing Oceania wins on is something that other cruise lines cant possibly compete with . that is the clientel the fellow passengers are so friendly and non pretentious, on other top of range lines you get people saying i have done this i have got that. but with oceania evryone is just themselves and has a great time.

Also so many remain friends hopefully for ever!

regards

JimGib

I haven't been on Seabourn, Silversea or Oceania. I thought I'd introduce you to Sea Dream Yacht Club. 110 passengers, wonderful itineraries (we are doing an 11 day Istanbul to Rome Sept 2007. Cabins are on the smallish side, food is incredible, lots of champaign and caviar, no formal dress, a marina with water fun equipment. Take a look www.seadreamyachtclub.com.

Mary Lou

I am so happy to see Seadream Yacht Club mentioned on this board. It is our absolute favorite line for comfort, relaxing atmosphere (no formals or jackets required) and luxury. It is rated by Conde Nast as THE top small cruise line and it well deserves it. While we loved our Oceania cruise and would definitely go back on Oceania, Sea Dream holds our heart for "favorite"!

mmmm 110 passengers, that would worry my wife, she even thought Oceania was small. She would think with only 11o people I could upset the whole ship on the first night!

regards

JimGib

I have to say I laughed more at this then anything I've ever seen on this Chat board!!!! I'm the one that annoys people in our family, Dh gets along really great with everyone (can tell tall tales, or misinformation and they don't know any better --I correct him) He's the one who wanders where he's not supposed to go on tours...you know what they say about curiosity and cats...I have to watch him like a hawk, (in St Petersburg I was really worried he'd end up arrested, they have no sense of humor there!)

Archived