Cruise with 6 year old.

Big Kahuna

This will be our 6 year olds first cruise with us, 7 day Western Caribbean. My DW thinks we will have a lot of couple time even with our DD but I am trying to tell her we will not have as much couple time together as she thinks, in port at night etc. Please, some input on this issue.

I'm a seasoned Princess traveler, so I can't speak about the rules of their kids club but I know RCCL allows in cabin babysitting. So if your 6 year old is okay with a babysitter, you might get some of that night time alone time! Good luck.

I have been on RCI twice with my DS, who was 4 on his first cruise. My suggestion is to get your DD comfortable in Adventure Ocean as soon as possible. They have an awesome kids' program that runs every day and every night. My DH and I would book the late dinner seating, take our son to the buffet for dinner and sit with him while he ate, then drop him off at the Kid's Club at 7pm when it opened. This gave us time to have a drink, see the early show and have dinner, just the 2 of us!

In a nutshell, if your child likes the Kids' program = more adult time for you!

It is the perfect holiday - you get great family time as well as great adult only time!

Have fun!

My 6 year old wants NOTHING to do with us once she gets onboard. I have to literally drag her out of the kids club at night.

My toddler will be 3 on the next sailing and I have a feeling she will be the same way. So I am looking forward to some alone time with the hubby.

No worries. I am sure you will have lots of couple time.

Archived