Planning family group cruise on NOS 5/29...a few questions.

Planning a group from 20 to 30 folks, family and friends. I've read a few reviews and the Navigator of the Seas sounds Fantastic! Have sailed on a few lines before but never RC.

How are the activities like the climbing wall, mini golf or ice rink? Are there extra chgs to do these?

Do you get lobster as an entree choice in the main dining room one night? Is the rest of the food choices good or just OK?

Need info on any kids club activities on groups between ages 3-12 (wide range of kids!) If anyone has copies of the activity sheet posted anywhere that would be great!

ANY "daily ship news" copies posted anywhere would be helpful also! (What are they called on RC ships?)

Anyinfo on great places/tours on snorkeling in GC would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your input!

Jacquelyn

The NOS is a good choice! We were on it last month and it is fantastic!

No charge for the rock climbing, mini golf or ice skating.

Lobster is offered one night (second formal night) and all the entrees I tasted were excellent. The food overall was the best I've had on any cruise so far.

The ship is beautiful and immaculate! The staff was extremely friendly and I had no complaints whatsoever.

You'll love it!

NOS is a wonderful ship. You've made a great choice. The food, entertainment and activities were quite good. The "daily news" is called the Compass. You may want to do a Compass search. I'd also try the Ports of Call board for snorkeling recommendations in GC.

There were some photos of the Cruise Compass for every day on www.webshots.com. They are probably well out of date but will give you the general idea.

In Grand Cayman book the Sting Ray City tour through Capt Marvin. We really enjoyed it and it was a better price than the ship excursion.

Thanks RiverRey!

I had forgotten about webshots! They have pages and pages of pics and someone had one from the Compass from last year. My son's went nuts over the mini-golf idea!

I checked w/ my TA and it will cost me out of pocket a little more. Most of the E1 and E2 cabins are either booked or "blocked". The RC rep said if any of these cabins are left over from other TA blocks about 70 days prior then they release them back to RC. I may could get a better deal then, but I hate to risk it!

Again, thanks for the great info all!

Jacquelyn

Archived