Cruises and Tours Unlimited, Jacksonville, FL.

gg913

I booked my NCL cruise months ago only to discover that the price has dropped radically. I contacted Cruise and Tours Unlimited out of Jacksonville, FL. and was told that there was nothing that could be done: no upgrades, no rebates- I was instructed to ask on the ship for an upgrade. I was told "the cruise doesn't make any adjustments once the final payment is received." Now is this the cruise company or the travel agency policy? Anyone else have this happen? I know I read that Vacations to Go had made refunds to some cruisers for the difference in price. Any suggestions? A 4 category upgrade is now cheaper than what we paid.

I have a cruise booked on carnival and we leave Nov. 20th. Thanks to this board I called today because the price had dropped. We received $200 in onboard credit. This is only our second cruise and I would have never dreamed to call and ask if not for this board.

I am really happy for you. Cruises and Tours Unlimited gave me a big "No".

I have sent them another email and mentioned cruise critic, but did not get a response. Did you call the cruise line or the travel agency? Any suggestions out there? Anyone know who I should speak with at Cruises and Tours Unlimited?

Thanks

First - Cruise Critic rules are that we can't discuss any agent or agency BY NAME.

If you book through an outside agency, you have to deal with them - not the cruiseline. Most cruiselines will not 'interfere' with an outside booking. (You have more options when booking through the cruiseline directly, so you might consider that next time.)

Each agency has their own rules, and you either agree and book with them or book elsewhere. Your agency obviously says NO, and you're probably just stuck with it. Sorry.

Archived