Wyndham Ft. Lauderdale for pre/post cruise

Cruiser052

Any comments? We have booked the Wyndham Ft. Lauderdale Airport for our pre-cruise stay in February 07. If anyone has any comments on this hotel it would be greatly appreciated - as I have not seen this hotel come up very often. What is the area like? And, how does it compare to the Embassy Suites - we have stayed there before. Thanks for your help.

Cruiser052

Any comments? We have booked the Wyndham Ft. Lauderdale Airport for our pre-cruise stay in February 07. If anyone has any comments on this hotel it would be greatly appreciated - as I have not seen this hotel come up very often. What is the area like? And, how does it compare to the Embassy Suites - we have stayed there before. Thanks for your help.

Cruiser052

We stayed at the Wyndham in April 2005 and were quite disappointed in it. I have to be honest. The rooms did not look or "feel" clean - our window looked out onto an airport runway and it was so dirty that you could hardly see out of it. I recall the check in staff as being quite indifferent and the bell staff was downright nasty. We waited forvever for them to pick up our luggage at checkout as we were taking their shuttle to the airport. The bellman actually argued with me as to how long it took them to respond - (3 phone calls). We did eat dinner in their restuarant, as nothing was in walking distance. Food was mediocre at best and service was very slow and we were just about the only people in there.

The area is kind of a business area. As I said there is no where to walk. There seemed to be a lot of airline personnel staying here due to the location.

The pool itself was nice and some of the grounds were pretty but the outdoor bar area was creepy and very dirty. The rooms were also very quiet which was surprising being right on top of the airport.

Now I realize this stay was a year and a half ago so maybe things have changed but based on my stay I would not book here again. You may also want to check out Trip Advisor to read the reviews - 2 recent ones are favorable but overall they rate only 2 stars.

I have not stayed at Embassy Suites so can not compare - sorry.

This is my honest opinion:o .

mollyanne:)

Archived