Question about pride?

Thatmom

Hi,

We are leaving from Seatle to long beach at 8:00am arriving at 10:42 am. We are taking the transfers and carnival bus. My question is doing this will we be in line for the ship very long. My friend has bad knees and standing is hard on her. I usually cruise in the carribean and come in the night before and get my own way to port. So I get there early and miss the long lines.

This time I didn't really know how far to port or who to use . so being lazy I just went with the bus thing. Will I be sorry.. Should I try and book my own car or taxi and if yes does anyone have any idea who to use?

thanks,

Carla

Hi,

We are leaving from Seatle to long beach at 8:00am arriving at 10:42 am. We are taking the transfers and carnival bus. My question is doing this will we be in line for the ship very long. My friend has bad knees and standing is hard on her. I usually cruise in the carribean and come in the night before and get my own way to port. So I get there early and miss the long lines.

This time I didn't really know how far to port or who to use . so being lazy I just went with the bus thing. Will I be sorry.. Should I try and book my own car or taxi and if yes does anyone have any idea who to use?

thanks,

Carla

If you get their early enough to do the early registration at the Queen Mary, you will get a boarding zone card, and they start boarding by zone.

There are a few benches outside to sit on if you are early, and I think I remember a few cafes with tables and chairs outside that could be appropriate (even if the cafe isnt open). Once the line starts, we have always had it move pretty quick for us. The only time it was bad was when the ship had a hard time clearing customs, and the people waiting to get on (we were on waiting to get off) didnt start boarding til after noon.

If you are flying int Long Beach Airport its less than a 20 minute cab ride, so we have never used transfers by Carnival. We just catch a cab and I think it was $25 no matter how many in the cab but dont quote me on it.

If you are flying into LAX, well that is a minimum 45 minute ride in decent traffic (what counts for decent in LA?) but never flew in there so I am going by what others told me.

Thank you for all your help,

I'm thinking maybe I will see if she would use a wheel chair at least until we get on the ship. But she is so funny about things like that. She said that's coming soon enough.

thanks again,

Carla

Archived