Kirk Grocery Store

missymatt

I remember going there before and buying my rum cakes there instead of at the pier. Does anyone know if you can buy the Tortuga rum there also or just at the Tortuga store at the pier? Thanks

If you are on a cruise ship, I believe you have to buy your booze from certain places. I know when we were there, and bought booze, they asked us if we were on a cruise. And any booze we wanted to take home with us had to be bought at the airport. I believe if you buy booze on the island, the store will send it to the ship. You don't carry it on.

There is a Tortuga Rum cake store right in the port. It's too the right of the port area (the front of the store faces the ocean). I am almost sure they had rum in addition to rum cakes.

But I could be completely wrong on this concerning how they handle this in Grand Cayman. I do remember buying booze in Jamaica and carrying it back on the ship. They took it and returned it to us the last day of the cruise.

Thanks Drew. That answers my question perfectly. I know they will take my alcohol when I return to the ship. Totally fine with that, just wondered if it was cheaper somewhere else. I will buy it from the shop by the pier. Love the Tortuga Coconut rum.

Archived