Anyone back from POH Nov.13 cruise?

Kapuna

Go read the comments on the Roll Call board for that Nov 6 sailing. Several people posted on that thread after the cruise and they were all very positive reviews of the time they had. It will paint a much different picture than what you saw on that thread here on the main NCL board.

That's good to know, I didn't think people posted comments on the roll call when they return.

There was one post yesterday about the Nov.13th cruise. It was within the contents of another thread, unfortunatly the entire thread was deleted by the powers the be. To sum up the post it looked like things had not gotten any better. Enjoy the islands. We did.

That's good to know, I didn't think people posted comments on the roll call when they return.

Not all, but many do. When these people work together to plan their cruise and then meet on board, they form a bond. Many times after the cruise they will go back to the roll call and let the others know they made it home and talk about the cruise. It is a good reliable way to get some good indications of how the ship is doing. I check several roll calls for any ship I am going on and get much info this way.

These people are not trying to put any one foot forward but just talking among friends.

Hubby and I came off 11/13 sailing. We had a great time. The saran-wrap was still in place, but from what I understand it will be gone for 11/20. Not sure on that. Just keep in mind that you are on vacation and relax! not everything will be perfect but a positive attitude and a little patience goes a long way with this crew. I have posted a review, but it hasn't made it to the board yet.

Everyone's experiences are so different and I think it just has a lot to do with who they interact with, who their room steward is, and what expectations they bring with them onto the ship. Personally, I found the food disappointing, but the service great. Our room was perfect everyday and the ship was very cool. All in all, a great trip and a great vacation. Aloha!

Read my review Tomluvsaida and Snorkelsue's. We were both on the 10/30-11/6 cruise and we both had great cruises. Iv24x24 wrote on the 11/13 cruise, read it. I wasn't on that cruise but this person's way of looking at things makes a lot of sense. On our cruise I thought the food was excellent! The buffet even with the cellophane had lots of variety and plenty of it. Taste is subjective so I would say it is no better and no worse than the average Vegas buffet you will find in the major hotels there. Our room was always clean with fresh towels everyday. Our steward Jenny was very friendly and I saw her most every day. Go with a positive attitude but do be prepared. Make reservations for specialty restaurants and for prime rib/ lobster night go to Alizar a little before they open at 6pm. Chances are the cellophane and nurovirus will be gone when you cruise. Even the most negative posts seemed to enjoy the islands which are where you will be most of the time (if you want to) so enjoy!:D Have a great cruise!!!

Hey lv24x4

I just read your review and see you had a good time. Glad to hear it. Since this was your first cruise I am sure you will enjoy future cruises with a different line as you stated.

I see you also felt the food was poor in most cases. One thing that I was surprised to see is the waiters in the main dining room handing plates of food to patrons and asking them to pass it on to the person who ordered it, now that was just wrong. As for being told the saran wrap will taken down, we too were told daily that it would be off in 2 days. That was on the 9th of Nov. and I see it was still wrapped for your cruise.

Maybe some of the other posters here just like to settle and be passive, me on the other hand if I order food from anywhere and its not hot I send it back. If I drive thru a fast food place and get warm fries they will be returned. You pay for hot food not warm or cold, just as you pay for a decent staffed ship not short from being sick so I know all the complaints of the Nov 6th cruise are legit. Afterall I was there..

Later all..

My DH and I were on the 11/13 - 11/20 POH cruise.

We too had read the reviews and set our expectations accordingly.

Overall, we enjoyed the cruise - though maybe not as much as our other NCL cruises (Though the Hawaii itinerary blew the other 2 away).

I need to get around to posting a review but here's a brief overview.

We got to the pier at noon, and check-in did not start till almost 1 pm - probably longer time in cleaning the ship due to the virus outbreaks. Check-in seemed a mess - and we used the Latitudes line and were one of the first 50 people on the ship.

We made our reservations first thing in Blue Lagoon/Paniolos. I had everything typed out and we got all the times/restaurants we wanted. I think I was the first person to place ressies at that location. She said it was helpful to have it all in writing. That made most of the rest of the week easier.

We did lunch at Grand Pacific day 1 which was our best meal in a main restaurant. The other few experiences in the main restaurants were very disappointing - 1 dinner not Lobster night the Asst Waiter gave our appetizers to the next table and we waited almost 1/2 hour for iced tea. we were tired so we skipped dessert. Another breakfast was a nightmare and 1 lunch in Alizar they also sent the wrong burger over.

The buffet areas were wrapped in Saran Wrap as others have reported. Not my thing - and when it was crowded it was a mess. We did breakfast in the buffet 2x - the first time was insane. If you wanted toast you waited on one line - then for butter or jelly or cream cheese you had to wait on another line. Another line for coffee, omelettes, etc. Also on days coming back to the ship for a late lunch - the only option was the grill - which was another insane mess. 3 people working - and the grill wasn't filled with burgers - it was a bit of a nightmare.

The other food was pretty good. Cagneys was awesome - by far the best meal of the week. It was so good and we left stuffed. Service was great too. Bistro was also good - not as good as Cagneys though. Papas was ok - kind of Olive Garden. Paniolos was ok - the dinner Five Star was very good. Other options were ok. We did lunch in Blue Lagoon one day - I thought it was good - service was quick, food was hot.

Jasmine Garden was very good - service was great and the food was good. Our server even recommended a dish - and had them prepare it without the pepper my husband doesn't like - after she saw we didn't love the other beef. That was a good meal.

At other times though, they cut back the menu in Blue Lagoon to basically the room service menu - so you may be better off with room service.

I was disappointed with food choices at off hours.

We ordered breakfast to the room 2 days - once cereal came but no milk. Next time they forgot to send coffee - but they sent it up after I called.

Room service at other times was better.

Our room steward was amazing - Melvin on deck 11. He was wonderful. He cleaned our room 2x a day, fulfilled all requests and we saw him all the time. We gave him extra tip - especially after a bunch of towel animals - love birds, a turtle, a bunny ... I felt like a kid.

The American crew was very friendly and many were very dedicated to their job. I enjoyed conversing with the servers and finding out where they were from.

I need to finish this later - but overall I'd give the cruise about 3 1/2 stars. Later on we had some service problems that got to be a bit annoying - but I will post again to explain them.

Ann

• 2 weeks later...

We were on this cruise for our Honeymoon and enjoyed it very much. Agree with what alot of the previous posters stated. We made the best of everything and had a great time. Hawaii is so much fun! We had a balcony cabin on deck 9 and loved it. It was so nice to sit out there and have breakfast or listen to the ocean late at night.

The food was good. I'm very picky so I'm not one to talk or ask but Cagney's was by far my husband's favorite!

Our POH November 13th sailing experience was awful. We went with two other couples and we all felt the same way. I'll cut to the chase by saying we will never cruise NCL again. The islands are beautiful and we will visit again, not by crusing unless we can go for a longer period of time on another line. My husband and I have sailed on Carnival and RCCL, so we do know what to expect from a cruise. Again....... Hawaii is awesome!

Archived