Toga Party

madhouseinc

What do you wear to those? Hate to have to pack another item! Don't even own white sheets. I have a long white dress that is white and looks rather like a chior robe - costum from years gone by. I guess I could make it short sleeved and fashion a belt with gold cord - that sound ok?

Hi,

We had a Toga Party on our Costa cruise and they provided the sheets for the toga. I brought along gold roping for a belt and "roman" type sandals, Costa also provided a cardboard gold leaf crown.

Maybe MSC will provide the sheets as well. Check the MSC threads and ask.

But what you described to bring sounds great, some folks on our cruise had elaborate "roman" costumes and they looked great.

Have a great cruise and a fun toga party!

p.s. Almost forgot, if you wear a provided sheet, bring large safety pins, and wear shorts/t-shirt underneath!

Kim

What do you wear to those? Hate to have to pack another item! Don't even own white sheets. I have a long white dress that is white and looks rather like a chior robe - costum from years gone by. I guess I could make it short sleeved and fashion a belt with gold cord - that sound ok?

If its by the pool you can wear these swimTogas.gif.76fb63662dba612511066b46383c77bc.gif :D

Otherwise a sheet will do :eek:

Are we having a Toga party on the QVC cruise? I don't even know what a Toga party is! I guess we dress up like ancient Romans? I had better check my wardrobe for all those ancient Roman (ok they are just ancient) outfits that are lurking there.

Nothing definite yet, but it seems it is under consideration. Our cruise information will be sent out on December 8th so I guess we will know for sure then. From what I heard they are really planning some great stuff for us. I personally could not wear that cute outfit that was posted here - 20 years and 20 pounds took care of that:rolleyes: . Frat parties used to have toga parties all the time - still remember a movie with Jim Bulucchi (sp). Wish would have known this might happen around Halloween! I can't wait for the cruise!!! I have re-read what information we have been given so many times I have worn it out - have even read the small print on my passport - with the use of a magnifying glass!

Archived