Last minute cancellations/upgrades

Hi-
This is my first posting here, first cruise coming up August 29 on EOS, first everything! And first of all, let me say thanks to everyone who posts here regularly - the reviews, info, opinions were key in helping my wife and I choose to go on a cruise versus to a resort, and to choose RC in particular.

After alot of deliberation, we selected a specific inside cabin (9349) over a "room with a view". We figured we would put the extra $$ to excursions. However after the fact I thought it would be nice to surprise my wife with an upgrade - and noticed that there was still one aft balcony cabin available (7390). However when I was able to call an hour or so later, it had been taken... I am wondering if anyone has had luck with last minute cancellations - i.e. is there any chance that an aft cabin will become available? My other option would be to book a 'non aft' balcony cabin, given that they may sell out as well? From what I've read here about the aft cabins, they offer alot of benefits over the 'regular' balcony cabins (view, size of balcony). So I'm trying to decide whether I should take a chance and wait, or book another cabin now. If all else fails I am going to surprise her by booking a swim with the dolphins in Cozumel!!

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Check out the dolphin swim-usually that books up very quickly. My son and girlfriend just loved it, and you can get a great video and photos of yourselves to show everyone (and yourselves-over and over ; ) ) As far as balconies go, I absolutely love them but prefer those more in the center of the ship. We had an aft balcony booked for a future cruise and when I saw how far I would have to walk-too much for me! I like to just be able to trot down a few stairs and be in the Prominade. Have a great time and do not miss the ice show, no matter what!
J in WV

You should phone your TA and ask them to waitlist your for the aft cabin you were trying to get.

Who knows sometimes anything is possible.

You should also consider a pier upgrade. That would be a wonderful surprise to go into a suite.

Hope this helps.

Archived