Spleen/Everyone--Help Please with Transportation in Honolulu!

yseone

Spleen! Anyone else who can help!

I have been a lurker here at the boards for a long time and I LOVE all of the advice you (Spleen) and others give everyone--you guys always know the best answers!

So if you all could please help me with a dilemma it would be greatly appreciated!

Our ship (Island Princess 1/4/05) will only dock at 8am and of course evryone always says to arrive at the Arizona Memorial before 7am. So we want to take a taxi or shuttle there and then rent a car later. Which company would be the best to use? We will be arriving on a Tuesday so it should not be too crowded but I hear from you that morning traffic is a nightmare (just like here in San Diego :)) so what's the best course of action?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Yseone :)

I do not know how many "we" are so you will have to weigh wether a taxi or shuttle would be better for you cost-wise. Here is the topic on Transportation that I had put together for this purpose...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44331

You can look through and choose a company.

You will be leaving the city after 8am so not only will you be heading the other way of the traffic, but it will be nearly over by the time you get off the ship and to your shuttle. That shouldnt be any kind of issue for you.

Sue

Suebee--help again please!

It turns out my family would like to have the rental car already before we go to the Arizona Memorial. Since we will be arriving on a Tuesday do you think we will have eough time to see the Momorial or do you think the tours will be full already? Again we are arriving in January so that might make a difference...thanks so much again!

Have a great day!

Yasmine

I do not think the day of the week is going to change you plans much. People are on vacation when they are visiting the memorial so the days of the week do not mean too much....Since your ship is coming into port that day, it would be logical that there would be a swell that day because many people feel that the Arizona is a Must See.

You should get in...I dont think it will be an early time...more like an after lunch time by the time you get your rental and over there. But if that happens, I would take advantage of the bowfin museum or Missouri while you are there. Just make sure you dont bring packages, purses etc to the memorial since you cannot bring anything at all into the park.

I agree with Suebee's suggestions. You may arrive a little late and may have to wait a while for your tour time, but there are many ways to kill time until then in that area. Traffic shouldn't be bad going in that direction (famous last words, har de har har). So by the time you get the car and get to the Arizona, it'll probably be close to noon. Definitely should do the Missouri. Bowfin as long as you're not claustrophobic.

Spleen

Suebee-thanks again for the info!

Spleen thanks for your input!!!

I think it's so great that you guys are here on these boards for people like me who are 2,000 miles away trying to plan our trips!

Keep up with the great advice and I am so looking forward to visiting your great state!!!

Cheers!

Yseone :)

Archived