Summit July 9 Alaska

pamkev

Got in around 1am last night after a wonderful two weeks in Alaska (after getting there) and Vancouver. I will try to highlights some of the things I remember as there was so much. I tried to keep a daily dairy and after a few days I just gave up.

Day 1 July 4

Got up early around 4:30 am getting ready for our flight to leave at 7:50am. I got on the computer and checked our flight it was dealyed until 10:20 whch would make us miss our connecting flight in Chicago. Not a good start. We were to arrive in in Fairbanks at 4:30 pm Alaska time. Called United and until we got everything settle it was now around 5 am. They had a flight that would leave at 6 if we could make it, if we wanted to make our connecting flight. That was not going to happen as we are 30 minutes away from the airport and still had to pick up my Mom. Got to the airport and found out they also cancelled the 9:15 am flight, not a rea good felling now. 10am we are still not boarding. 10:30 they announced the battery was dead on the plane and it would be a couple of hours until a new one could be flown in. Now I am getting mad. We now have two flights canceled and now on a 12:30pm flight that would not get into well past midnight. We booked the air though celebrity and choose our own flight though Captain Club.

So we now have 2 flight canceled people trying to get Chicago and only one more plane leaving that day for Chicago. I went to see the ticket agent and was very nice and asked if there was anything that could be done. Another airline perhaps. He told me no, the 7:50 and 9:15 flights were canceld due to weather in Chicago the night before. I kindly reminded him if this was the case then why did the 6 am flight leave on time. The 10:20 flight canceled due to a "dead battery". He went to talk to his manager. All four of us were now booked on the 12:30 flight........... would we every get to Alaska that day. More to follow I must get some clothes wash. Pam

Archived