Crown Bay to St. John

ricruzer

we just returned off the Crown this week-end and I thought someone may be able to use this info. One of the other couples cruising with us decided to go to St. john instead of shopping in St. Thomas. The round trip cost for the two of them was $84. They needed taxi to Red Hook,ferry to St. John, and another taxi to beach on St. John. Also,the total time for the whole trip,from ship to beach, was approximately an hour and fifteen minutes each way. They did say that St. John is one of the most beautiful places they have seen and they were glad the took the trip. However for the money it costs and basically for only 2-3 hours of actual beach time,they said once will be enough!!

My wife and I were on the Crown Dec. 2 thru 9 and went to Trunk Bay on St. John. In my opinion it was worth every penny spent. Instead of taking the ferry from Red Hook, try the Ferry in Charolite Amorlie. Took about 35-40 minutes by ferry each way. Cost is 20 per person round trip. We would go back in a heartbeat

• 2 weeks later...

My sisters and I were on the Dec. 2 Crown. I have been to St. Thomas and didn't want to deal with the transportation to and from Crown Bay on our own. We booked with the ship $69. We got on the ferry right by the ship in Crown Bay - took 45 min. - I believe it was the Island Princess. The narrative was very good. Saw Michael Jordan's house, Madonna's, John Kleese and Alan Alda's. Took about 45 minutes. Tour included entrance fee and snorkeling gear. We were at the beach about 2 hours. It was not the best snorkeling I've ever done. The visiability that day was poor - alot of coral not very many colorful fish. It was not very calm. Not the best conditions for first time snorkelers. St. John is beautiful as is Trunk Bay. I was surprised at how narrow the actual beach is. When we got back we still had the afternoon to ride the $4 jitney into St. Thomas to shop. I don't typically do boat excursions but this one worked for us and was very good.

Archived