LIVE from the Jewel - throw away your dailys, they've changed!

dolfandude

Christmas evening -- 7:45pm. Just got back to our hotel room after spending a rainy day at Epcot. The German pavillion was great. Had lunch there in the Biergarden so if I misspell some words you'll know why! LOL. but everyone's looking at me!

Cruisin Ken -- I agree. I like the old format better. Too scattered.

Marilynbn -- only one way to go and that's the FL turnpike. follow the signs to I-95 North and then (about 3 miles or so) take the left turn off for the turnpike. I got off on exit 242 (I think). That's HWY 192. I'm from here so I wanted to see what had changed. Go west. You'll cross I-4 and then (1 mile) you'll see the turn for Disney's main gate. You cannot miss it. Port Orleans is nice. A boat will take you to Downtown Disney for shopping and of course, buses, for all the theme parks. Today's weather sucks! Thundershowers! We got really wet but......we expected it.

That's the secret to a good vacation......expect the unexpected and you'll be fine!:) I grew up here so if you have any specific questions just ask.

HO HO HO! Merry Christmas.

Off to dinner.

Steve

Dolfandude- Thanks for the quick reply. I was wondering how long the trip is from WDW to Miami 3 hours or more? We will be staying at The Contemporary. Sorry that you had bad weather yesterday! We will have our ponchos in tow, just in case! Marilyn:D

Dolphand Dude-thanks for your posts from the Jewel. I just had a couple of questions (we are cruising on the Jewel on 2-24-07). I thought there were just two speciality restaurants on the Jewel (Portofino and Chops) and I was curious about LeBistro. Is this an additional charge?

Also, can you recommend anything intereting to do in Antigua? Thanks

NewHamshiregirl -- there are a lot more than that! No Portofino's and No Chops! Isn't that Royal Caribbean? Le Bistro had a $15 charge per person. We did the anniversary package and it included this dinner. Check out the NCL website and click on the Jewel ship and look at all the restaurants.

As far as Antigua goes.....we didn't go outside St. Johns. We originally were going to the beach but Mary was too tired after walking downtown and to the church. Some CC members hired "Lawrence of Antigua" for a tour and really enjoyed it.

Steve

Concerning the dailys......I've told most.....I am having a problem sending the dailys. My AOL brower will not allow a 64mb file. I've tried zipping it (only goes to 62mb..?..). If someone can tell me how to post them online I'll do it. Otherwise, I'm still working on send them out.

Steve

Concerning the dailys......I've told most.....I am having a problem sending the dailys. My AOL brower will not allow a 64mb file. I've tried zipping it (only goes to 62mb..?..). If someone can tell me how to post them online I'll do it. Otherwise, I'm still working on send them out.

Steve

I'd like to see the dailies, too - how about posting them at a hosting site such as photobucket, snapfish, webshots or similar, and posting a link? I think that would work.

Steve

I'd like to see the dailies, too - how about posting them at a hosting site such as photobucket, snapfish, webshots or similar, and posting a link? I think that would work.

Steve

Steve

Archived