Shore Excursions St. John/Halifax

Shamrock359

Hi. I am cruising the Victory to St. John/Halifax in August and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to the shore excursions. Do we book through Carnival? Are there people right at the pier with ideas? Anything interesting there to do or see? I appreciate your help as I am a first time cruiser and really looking forward to this trip. Thanks!

You can usually save 25% or more by booking your shore excursions directly with the operator, rather than through the cruise lines. Check this link for excusrions from a reputable operator in Halifax: http://www.atlantictours.com/tours.cfm?section_id=2.

Pier 21 (right near where you dock) has a good immigration museum, and the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic is downtown on the waterfront (about a 20-30 minute walk from the pier).

Haligonian

Hi. I am cruising the Victory to St. John/Halifax in August and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to the shore excursions. Do we book through Carnival? Are there people right at the pier with ideas? Anything interesting there to do or see? I appreciate your help as I am a first time cruiser and really looking forward to this trip. Thanks!
Hi Shamrock,

Which cruise date? We're shipping out on 8/28. It's our first trip to NB and NS, and we heard good things on the Cruise Critic site about Freedom Tours. So we booked their five-hour Fundy trip from Saint John. Check out their site at: http://www.freedomtours.com.

If your cruise departs before 8/28, we'll appreciate your comments!

Thanks.

Joisey Guy

Hi Shamrock,

In St John's we did the Ride the Rapids Tour and absolutely LOVED it!! We did the first booking and didn't have the lines to wait on. I would go back and do this again in a second. In Halifax, we did the Peggy's Cove tour. Nice, but nothing exciting. Second time we just walked all thru Halifax and up to the park and then did some shopping. Hope this helped. Have a great trip!

We were just in St John and Halifax a month ago. The people there are wonderful! I was so imporessed with the reception we got as we got off the ship. There were tour people right there and you could decide at the last minute and get a tour. There is also plenty to do just walking around town and up and down the waterfront. We didn't take any tours in St. John b/c it was raining that day - we went shopping instead. In Halifax, we didn't find enough time to see all we wanted to, but did decide to take a harbour tour on a tall sailing ship. It was only about $20 each and a really nice tour. It was just facinating watching the crew pilot the ship and we got some great views of the harbour.

I just booked on the Victory this afternoon for the 8-23-04 sailing. I will check out the great websites that others have posted. This will be my30th cruise and my husband's 25th. You can tell we like to cruise. I have found that I can travel cheaper and have less wait time if I book my own excursions myself rather than from the ship. To the party that is just cruising for the first or second time; be sure you get back to the ship on time if you book your own excursions. Leave enough time!

This is our first cruise through New England. We just like to cruise, no matter where we go.

bkifanatic (Ohio fan)

Archived