Santiago transfers and hotel

Pooky11

Hi

We are due to sail with HAL on the Feb 16th cruise of South America. I have just booked transfers with Worldwide Shore Services who are recommended by HAL from Santiago to Valparaiso - has anyone ever used them? Is it a direct trip to Valparaiso or is there a guide making it more of a tour? I've paid $77pp - would it be better to cancel and book one of the other tourist tranfers people have mentioned?

I also wondered if anyone had stayed in the Sheraton in Santiago and if it was a good location etc. Also are there any other hotels nearby that people think are better?

thanks!

Pooky

Pooky,

Check out the Rotterdam Roll Call thread. There are 6 of us on the same cruise with you, and we are researching private tours, transfers, etc. We are looking for one more couple to join our van tour of Puerto Montt on a GVTours all day tour. Email me at: RNEWSTEAD@AOL.COM for details.

Ray

Hi

We are due to sail with HAL on the Feb 16th cruise of South America. I have just booked transfers with Worldwide Shore Services who are recommended by HAL from Santiago to Valparaiso - has anyone ever used them? Is it a direct trip to Valparaiso or is there a guide making it more of a tour? I've paid $77pp - would it be better to cancel and book one of the other tourist tranfers people have mentioned?

I also wondered if anyone had stayed in the Sheraton in Santiago and if it was a good location etc. Also are there any other hotels nearby that people think are better?

thanks!

Pooky

Hi Pooky,

Noticed on your post that you are sailing on February 16. would this be on the Rotterdam?

We are also looking for transfers from Santiago to Valparaiso. We are staying at the Hotel Orly in Santiago for two nights and then on to Valparaiso where we will be staying at Hotel Miramar. Don't know if it's any better but it seems very nice according to Frommer's and Fodor's.

We have used the HAL Roll call. So far we are three couples who have decided to book shore excursions together in order to see more and cut down on costs.

If you are interested in joining us please e-mail me at

chezgirard@cgocable.ca.

and let us know what appeals to you. If there is place and you are interested,it would be fun. the more the merrier.

Jocelyn Ann (aka jocelysue) & Emilien

Hi

thanks!

Pooky

Sorry to post twice. Hadn't noticed that R Newstead had already contacted you. He is one of the couples in the group that we are setting up.

Jocelyn

• 4 weeks later...

Just left Santiago yesterday - had a wonderful stay at Marriott hotel. Start out early to Valpraiso so you can tour Vina del Mar and highlights of valpraiso. If you like wine stop at a vinyard in Casablanca (just off the highway on the way to valapraiso)

Took a private tour from boat to Santiago - about 4/5 hours

Archived