Parking in St. Thomas

Bob100

Does anyone know whether parking is easily available in Red Hook and/or the popular St. Thomas beaches? Is there any fee to do so? We are trying to decide whether to rent a car or just take cabs. Thanks!!!!

Hello,

Parking is available at the popular St. Thomas beaches. No fee except at Magens Bay where there is an admission fee per person and for the car parking. Rates are Adults $3 ($1/residents), Car $1, Kids .25 cents.

In Red Hook there is parking for customers at the Red Hook Shopping Center, and likewise accross the street at American Yacht Harbor... customers of the shops, offices, restaurants located in those two retail areas. Its timed, a couple hours I think.

--Islander

Parking in Red Hook is very limited to non existant. There are strict limits and they do tow.The towing fee is $150! Most of the beaches (Coki and Saphire) have free parking, but only so much of it. If all you want is beach time I would take a cab. If you want a tour and beach time the tour prices with drop off and pick up are reasonable and the drivers reliable to return and pick you up. Living here I will tell you that parking is a mess!! Save yourself a headache and take a cab. I often do.:)

Enjoy your cruise,

B.

Archived