Eating Healthy on a cruise???

lsnyder

We are going on our first cruise later this month (Jewel of the Seas Jan 21st). The past month or so I've really tried to change our diet to a more healthful one - will we be able to get healthy items on the cruise??? i.e. do they have an omlete station where we can order egg white omletes in the a.m.? Obviously there should be plenty of fresh fruit options....do they have more healthy options in the main dining room??
Thanks!

[SIZE=3]Yes to all of your questions. You can also call them before you leave and request a special diet for the Dining Room. We always do and we ask for low fat dishes, sugar free deserts, and sometimes low carb dishes. We have never had a problem finding food that stays within our guidelines. [/SIZE]

The hard part isn't going to be finding the healthy options, it's going to be finding the willpower to stay on your new eating plan once you see all of the delicious (and bad for you!) choices available! :D

I remember that egg white omelettes were definitely available, and I'm pretty sure that Egg Beater omelettes were available as well. Tons of fresh fruit is available, as well as some lean cold cuts, low-sugar desserts, baked meats, and a beautiful salad bar. The dining room will have options as well, including grilled chicken, steak, and salmon. There's always a vegetarian option on the dining room menu, and always low-sugar desserts on the menu as well.

Don't rule out going to the midnight buffet if you really want to. They have plenty of good for you choices, such as big shrimp, fruit, etc.

Archived