Executive Car Rental (ACE Rental) in Progresso

ievayn

My wife and I were on a Norwegian Dream cruise from Houston on

12/30/2006. I would like to share my experience with my attempt to rent a car from ACE Rental. They are using Executive rental, the only one available at the pier in Progresso. It was no problem to book the car, however...

Despite the fact that I received a reminder from them and my wife spoke directly with the agent in Progresso, the office was closed. All my attempts to reach someone on the phone failed. I talked to a few locals at the pier and they told me that they have not seen any rental cars available in a few weeks. Our day in Progresso was almost ruined. We were going to drive to Uxmail, but had to hire a taxi. By the time we realized that nobody would show up, only one taxi was available and we had to pay as much as he asked. There were one or two more families with confirmed reservations,that were even more disappointed than us.

Sorry for your dilema in Progreso. I've used Executive on Cozumel several times and very satisfied. When I'm in the Yucatan, I rent cars from Avis in Merida, and also very satisfied.

Hope you enjoyed Uxmal. My favorite ruins site. So pretty and not at all crowded like Chichen Itza.

So I am taking it that the car rental agency was closed that day because it was New Year's Day. I have a car reserved for the day I will be there, Jan 29th, hope they are open. But at least if not, they do not have my credit card number and cannot charge me.

Archived