Multi-cabins/multi-keys

Myself and family are going on the Enchantment for March break. We have two cabins books (side-by side but not connected). The reservations are myself and son in one cabin and my wife and daughter in the other. Clearly that is not how we are going to populate the rooms. Has anyone here got the room keys set up so that all four key cards will work in both rooms. The photos that will be assigned to each card won't match if we simply switch two cards. I am sure this isn't the first post about this but I can't seem to find a similar request.

Thanks

Myself and family are going on the Enchantment for March break. We have two cabins books (side-by side but not connected). The reservations are myself and son in one cabin and my wife and daughter in the other. Clearly that is not how we are going to populate the rooms. Has anyone here got the room keys set up so that all four key cards will work in both rooms. The photos that will be assigned to each card won't match if we simply switch two cards. I am sure this isn't the first post about this but I can't seem to find a similar request.

Thanks

Go to the purser's desk as soon as you get on and they will give the 2 people that are really switching, a key to the other room. We did this in December, and no issues. Very simple and it happens all of the time.

Thanks

I doubt you will get all your seapass cards working on both doors, however as said you can get additional keys for the rooms. Downside, you´ll have to carry two cards around.

We had this issue when we sailed with Princess last summer and it was a hassle taking both cards and remembering which one opened which cabin. For our upcoming cruise on Grandeur this March we have a balcony and an inside opposite for our two sons - but this time RCL allowed us to switch bookings so the 2 adults are registered in one cabin and our teenage boys in the other - even though the cabins aren't connecting. If you have booked with one adult in each cabin to get a senior discount etc then this wouldn't work, but if you are booked this way because you are sailing with minors, then RCL may let you switch the bookings before you sail as they did for us. If you are able to switch, you may still want to get an extra card to get access to your kids cabin, if you are travelling with young kids.

Sally

Archived