Family of 4 in Aruba...Suggestions??

Sgt. Jeff

We are on the Adventure of the Seas in September and this is our first time in Aruba. Any suggestions on private tour operators or things to do with kids?? My son will be 9 and my daughter is 12. Any great beach locations with calm waves??:confused:

We were in Aruba last November with our kids 5, 9 and 11. Since we were there all day I wanted to do more than just the beach (and since kids are not good as walking tourists I did not envision exploring the area by foot!). We booked with ABC and did the full day tour.

You will not be disappointed. The tour covers the entire perimeter of the island and you get to see things not accessilble by a bus tour. The kids enjoyed bumping around off road and my DH had a great time driving over the rocks and up the hills.

The tour's last stop is Baby Beach and it is definitely nice to rinse the dust off in the water. By the time we arrived back at the ship it was dinner and the kids were exhausted!!!

Aruba's beauty is on the coast- don't miss it.

We are senior citizens, not kids, but we are booked for the Butterfly Farm. The ship's excursion is $45 per person, so instead we have booked a private van with Wixtours at $225 for three hours. For the five of us, that works out to the same price as the ship's bus. For four, a bit more, but maybe worth it. Then you get to choose where you go for the remainder of the tour. Bet you could have the van drop you off at a beach, and grab a cab back.

Have a GREAT cruise!

I also did the Jeep Adventure Tour and loved it. We just did the half day tour but got to see all of the major atttractions (Natural Pool, Natural Bridge, etc.).

I would recommend Palm Beach. Calm waves. Also have jet skis, etc. for rental.

I would also recommend a sunset cruise if you don't leave port until later. It was really beautiful.

• 1 month later...
We are senior citizens, not kids, but we are booked for the Butterfly Farm. The ship's excursion is $45 per person, so instead we have booked a private van with Wixtours at $225 for three hours. For the five of us, that works out to the same price as the ship's bus. For four, a bit more, but maybe worth it. Then you get to choose where you go for the remainder of the tour. Bet you could have the van drop you off at a beach, and grab a cab back.

Have a GREAT cruise!

MercedMike we are looking into Wixtours have you toured with them before? I am looking at the first of April any information would be great.

side note loved your web page!

Archived