Dawn spa pool

Adkmom

Do you have to pay for the spa pool use. If so how much and is there any way around it. Is it worth the fee for a swimmer? Is there a swim against the current pool? I do not want to spend hard earned vacation $ on the pool but I love to swim laps in the AM on vacation. Thanks

I liked swimming laps in the Dawn spa pool. The water temperature is kept a little bit too warm for it however so you may tend to over heat. The pool has a great wave break around the edge so I found lap swimming easier than I have on other ships when the ship was rocking and rolling. Generally there were not too many people using it due to the fee so I believe the fee is worth it to have enough room to swim laps. Also other users were very polite and if they were just standing around they tended to be off to the side. In addition there were not kids playing in it while I was there which was really nice for lap swimming.

Have fun on your cruise!

Michelle

it was $15 per day or $90 for the 10/11 day cruise.

Just a note - the outdoor pool is heated and was at 80 degrees all week - it was also big enough for laps and very few people used it early in the morning, especially the first and last day, when it was still plenty warm enough to swim - just wrap up in a couple of towels when you get out if the air is too chilly, or jump into the hot tub!!

:)

Thanks for the $. Is there anything else included in this $90 or just the pool. Can you use the fitness center or the hot tubs in the spa without paying. The brochure says there is a current pool is that like a endless pool. Thanks

From what i know and what i've heard about recently, the gym has been and is still free. I assume that with the fee you get use of the locker room, showers, sauna, steam room, regular and therapuetic hot tubs and hot and cold tubs that are in the locker room area in addition to spa pool usage.

-Spencer

From what i know and what i've heard about recently, the gym has been and is still free. I assume that with the fee you get use of the locker room, showers, sauna, steam room, regular and therapuetic hot tubs and hot and cold tubs that are in the locker room area in addition to spa pool usage.

-Spencer

I Agree with Spencer, Matter of fact because of other threads I questioned A rep this evening regarding a fee... Yes for the spa area but not the pool use.

I'm disappointed to hear about this fee. Just got off Star princess which has a lovely spa pool--not a lap but with a current. No fee, no kids, and hardly anyone ever there even with a fully booked 2,000 plus passenger capacity. Quiet atmosphere, new age music playing--I swam there almost every day. I'm gonna have to deal with this one--is it possible to sneak in? I refuse to pay this fee.

I'm disappointed to hear about this fee. Just got off Star princess which has a lovely spa pool--not a lap but with a current. No fee, no kids, and hardly anyone ever there even with a fully booked 2,000 plus passenger capacity. Quiet atmosphere, new age music playing--I swam there almost every day. I'm gonna have to deal with this one--is it possible to sneak in? I refuse to pay this fee.

It used to be that way on the NCL ships, but with word of mouth.....and these boards the area became crowded and noisy.......and not the spa like relaxing area it was meant to be.

The spa area is very relaxing, and is free to use on any day that you book a spa appointment.:)

Has anyone been able to use the pool without paying? It seems like alot to pay for a swim and a hot tub. :confused:

I've seen one report of it in the last 7 months that the fee has in effect, and those guests were asked to leave....they were being rather loud from what I recall and also boasting about sneaking in.:rolleyes:

Don't blame NCL, the spas are owned, licensed, whatever, by Steiner and they make the rules. And they don't bend them.

We were in the GV on the Pearl for ten days and our private hot tub was drained due to the rough weather, as was the one in the courtyard complex.

When I asked the concierge if I could run down to the spa and take a quick soak there, I was told it was $15/day :eek:. I said, even for me? since you have drained my Jacuzzi that comes with the room we paid lotsa extra for? Yup.

No one rides for free.

Archived