Wedding: Prior to Sailing or at Port of Call?

Me- AGAIN! I know I ask a lot of questions, but have a couple more and am posting them as separate threads in hopes of attracting more attention- as of you all haven't helped me enough! :)

After much ado and research, my FI and I have settled on the Glory next summer. We originally planned to marry on board while in port at St. Thomas because we did not want our guests or us to feel rushed getting married at point of embark. It sounds like many of you have and had a great time. So you did not feel rushed?

St. Thomas cost the same, just a tad more for license and we felt like we'd have a couple of days to relax after getting to the ship and then have the wedding. I've read where others (like the very helpful Mandy!) have done so off the ship, but has anyone married on board while in port? How was it?

Thanks!!!

~Angela

We're marrying on the 5th day of our 7-day cruise in the port of call of Ocho Rios. In our case, we wanted the week to build up to the wedding rather than feel as though we has simply invited 40 of our friends and family to join us for our honeymoon.

FI and I are Canadian so we felt that it was unlikely that many of our friends and family would have travelled to Miami as non-sailing guests. Interestingly however, we have 7 guests who will be spending the week in Jamaica and will join us for the wedding (my aunt gets quie sea-sick)!

Thanks cruisebride!

I get seasick too- tell your aunt I understand! I'm glad to hear so many people are planning to attend your wedding- it gives me hope about mine. I think we have settled o nthe 4th day in St. Thomas for the same reason you cited about building up to it. Best Wishes for your plans and marriage!

~Angela

Archived