San Juan Excursion options?

muratki99

We will be visiting San Juan with Norwegian Jewel in March. Arrive-Depart time on itinerary says 12:30 PM to 7:00 PM. We are a group of 6 and I am trying to find out what we can do. I think hiking in the rainforest is a very good option, but we may also want to go for a swim. I don't think we would get excursions from the ship. I am leaning towards renting a car(SUV or minivan) and drive to the rainforest instead of taking a tour.

Do you think it's a good idea? Is there any advantages/disadvantages renting a car instead of taking a tour. I figured it would be much cheaper and more flexible if we rent a car. Also is there a beach close to the forest, so that maybe we can do both?

Another excursion option is the ATV tour which is very expensive from the ship($119 pp). Is there a cheaper place?

Thanks in advance.

event.png

Mariner of the Seas - January 2006 W.Caribbean

Hey you are on the the same sailing as us!

I've sailed twice out of San Juan but this is my first time there as a port. I'd also like to hear suggestions from others. Is the Bacardi Tour with the $40? Is there much time to enjoy the rain forest on the Motorcoach Tour or do you spend most of your five hours on the bus?

We might just wander around Old San Juan on foot and then take advantage of the Jewel being somewhat empty.

muratki99

1. try the tourist board endorsed tour companies at www.***** click on sightseeing and then on expert.

2. renting a car is alright but sometimes its best to go with a guide who knows where he is going.

3. no, there isnt a cheaper place for ATV and usually its all booked with the cruise ship passengers

To TC cruiser,

1. go to the DonQ rum store on your own at pier #2

2. same recommendations as above concerning the rain forest

3. make a group with muratki99 and get a tour van just for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived