Question for VAGUY about Avalon Tapestry?

cal101

Vaguy - Did you post a review on your recent cruise from Basel to Amsterdam on the Avalon Tapestry? We are booked on this 7 day cruise May 6-May13. We are flying into Zurich on May 4th. I am curious about everything, the cabins, tours, food, etc. This is our first river cruise (have done 8 ocean crusies). We have booked cabin #230 on the Sapphire deck.

Any information or sugestions you can share would be sincerely appreciated. I also posted this on the "river cruising?" thread, but was afraid you would not see it so decided to start a new thread.

If anyone else has been on this cruise or on the Tapestry, I would appreciate any input you may have.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Poohsimba - I am glad to hear that you will be on the same cruise. My husband and I and another couple are traveling together. As I mentioned in my inital post we have been on several ocean cruises, but this will be our first river cruise and we are really looking forward to it.

To answer your question I have found lots of useful information by checking this board every few days and reading all the threads I think might be interesting. So far I have not read anything against Avalon or the Tapestry, actually just about everyone highly recommends them both.

As Mac321 suggested to me use the search feature, type in Avalon Tapestry and you should find answers to most of your questions. Keep in touch and I hope we will get to meet on board the Tapestry in May.

Archived