Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Before our cruise I was worried about how much space I'd have in the bathroom because I couldn't find any decent pictures or descriptions of them and could tell horror stories about trying to shower in tiny stalls like at Motel 6.

So, while I was on the cruise, I made sure to take pictures to share when I got back. I made a little slideshow at photobucket. You'd have to visit my album to read my notes about what is shown in the pictures, but the slideshow should be able to give people an idea of what the bathrooms are like. I've only been in a balcony stateroom. I hope the code works! If it doesn't, please let me know so I can find the text link.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://smg.photobucket.com/flash/remix/player.swf?videoURL=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v226/rainbowzend/Sept2008Cruise/23001874.pbr&hostname=streammg.photobucket.com"></embed>

There are 2 hot tub areas, one by each pool. The one in the back of the ship (aft?) is for adults only. The other one mid ship is for everybody. The water in each is not too hot. My DGS went in both--after the 1st day @ sea the mid ship pool & hot tub was closed for some unknown reason. So I took my DGS to the back one.

I wanted to give everyone sailing on the Conquest a heads up that the internet cafe was having some technical difficulties on our cruise (10/26-11/2). I personally confirmed that it was down the 10/29-11/1, but another couple told us it had been down the entire week. They said they were particularly miffed because they had mentioned it to a few crew members who had told them their internet access was still working. Maybe someone on the 11/2 cruise can confirm if they resolved the issue when they get back.

Thanks suzy1212. Not what I wanted to hear, but better to know up front!

silentz, thanks for the heads up. We aren't taking my daughter and I've been trying to figure out how to stay in touch with her. Last cruise we DID take her and so I didn't bother staying in touch with anyone. :D Oh when we docked at Key West I called my mom for a few minutes but had we gone to Costa Maya as we were supposed to, I wouldn't have.

No your not allowed.

You can get all the fruit you want in the Cezanne. They have whole fresh apples, oranges, sometimes kiwi, banannas, etc. Look for the baskets of fruit.;)

Thanks for keeping me from the confiscation crew :D I was a little disappointed in the fruit selection on the buffet last time and was hoping to score some fresh pineapple for the last half of the trip. I'll just eat what I can while onshore!

Hi everyone!

Can someone tell me about Camp Carnival and how you felt about it? Was it satisfactory for you and your child? I have a 4 year old nephew who will definitely be cruising with me but soon than anticipated.

Thanks,

Erica

Hi, Erica.

When we were on the Conquest in 2005, we didn't have any children with us, but I went to Camp Carnival to look around and talked to the Camp Carnival Counselors because we have grandchildren, one of them with a peanut allergy and that was one of our concerns. We knew that at some point we would want a family cruise. They were very nice.

On the last Saturday of our cruise, which was in December, there was a Christmas program in the lounge. All of the children from Camp Carnival participated in the program, with the Carnival singers and dancers. It was very nice, and as I understand, the children practiced for the show during part of their time at Camp Carnival. This past Nov. we cruised again (on the Ecstasy) and this time we had our 9 yr old grd-daughter with us. She was in the program, but the sneaky little thing didn't tell us she was participating and my husband and I missed it (he had caught a pretty bad cold and we stayed in the cabin most of that last day.) Thankfully her mom and dad were at the show and took videos. Afterwards, she had her picture taken with the lead singers and the Captain. Every child that was at the show was given a Christmas present. I do not know if it is the same every time, but this time they each got a Carnival Back-pack.

She was older, but even the little children participated in the program and they all seemed to love it. My point is, I believe Carnival goes out of their way to take good care of the children and make sure they have a good time. (Oh, be warned, they also have a Build-a-bear party, and unless it has gone up I think it was $19.95, but if you don't want to do that, just don't take them, let that be family time at the pool or something.) And they do charge after 10 PM.

In short, the kids will probably love it and so will you. I hope this helps you somewhat. Have a great time!

Cathy

Hi everyone!

Can someone tell me about Camp Carnival and how you felt about it? Was it satisfactory for you and your child? I have a 4 year old nephew who will definitely be cruising with me but soon than anticipated.

Thanks,

Erica

My son went at age 7 and loved it. In fact it was hard to get him to do anything with us. All he would say is "is it time to go back to camp Carnival" They are GREAT with the kids. There is all kinds of stuff that is age appr. They also have a talent show and that is sooo cute! Hope yall have fun. Is he 4 or soon to turn 5?

My son went at age 7 and loved it. In fact it was hard to get him to do anything with us. All he would say is "is it time to go back to camp Carnival" They are GREAT with the kids. There is all kinds of stuff that is age appr. They also have a talent show and that is sooo cute! Hope yall have fun. Is he 4 or soon to turn 5?

My 4 year old can't get enough of Camp Carnival. She cries to go back everytime we pick her up. The staff is great with the kids!!

My 4 year old can't get enough of Camp Carnival. She cries to go back everytime we pick her up. The staff is great with the kids!!

Yea...I read that they have actually have been to school for child development and stuff like that. I enjoy the family stuff they do too. The Build a Bear workshop and ice cream socials RULE! :D

We're sailing from Galveston on January 4th. I was wondering if someone who has returned from Galveston could tell me if they had a hard time finding a hotel with cruise parking to leave their vehicle since Hurricane Ike destroyed so much of Galveston. We love Galveston! :) How does it look around there now?

We're sailing from Galveston on January 4th. I was wondering if someone who has returned from Galveston could tell me if they had a hard time finding a hotel with cruise parking to leave their vehicle since Hurricane Ike destroyed so much of Galveston. We love Galveston! :) How does it look around there now?

I live pretty close...and in all real Galveston did not get the worst of it all. It is BAD where my aunt lived and our cabin was...Gilcrest and Crystal Beach. There is NOTHING left I MEAN NOTHING. Galveston made out pretty well. They have alot of good hotels there. Have a wonderful time...BTW....We love Arkansas....we always goto Plainview...near Russelville (sp)

We live an hour and a half from Russellville, near Fayetteville. Russellville is a great town! I saw pictures online of Gilcrest. It absolutely blew my mind! We've driven through Gilcrest before and it is so hard to believe that practically everything is just gone! I feel so bad for everyone from that town! Thanks for the info on Galveston. I've been checking the web and some hotel websites in Galveston won't open, so I assumed maybe they weren't opened back up yet. I'll keep checking!

Don't think there will be alcohol until sail away. Could be wrong....

If you mean alcohol isn't available until after sail away, you're wrong. They will be happy to sell you a DOD as soon as you set foot on the ship.

Now if you mean you personally won't be having alcohol until sail away, maybe that's possible for you, I could never do it. :D

We live an hour and a half from Russellville' date=' near Fayetteville. Russellville is a great town! I saw pictures online of Gilcrest. It absolutely blew my mind! We've driven through Gilcrest before and it is so hard to believe that practically everything is just gone! I feel so bad for everyone from that town! Thanks for the info on Galveston. I've been checking the web and some hotel websites in Galveston won't open, so I assumed maybe they weren't opened back up yet. I'll keep checking![/quote']

Oh yea it will be a WHILE before everything is up and running. After Rita hit...some things (OUR MALL:()Did not open for a year. It was INSANE! I know where you are it Tornados:eek:. At least we know DAYS before ours come. Good luck...Have a blessed night :)

Edited by HardCoreChristian

Oh goodness, my nephew is 4 1/2. His birthday is in May and I wanted to take him on another cruise for his birthday. He's just so active and rough. I hope they have men staff their to assist.