Cruise Newbie: Quick review of Wind Entertainment

mysoulishome

GregandAmy: I'll wave as I get off the ship! *smile*

Also, I was just on the Wind in November but it was a charter cruise so a lot was different but a lot of the daily activities were probably about the same. So I looked at my Dailies and I see several different Wine Tastings but no margarita or martini clinics. (not to say there won't be but it gives you an idea). Also, yes they definitely make announcements about the volcano viewing. You have to be out of your room or watching one of the channels on the TV (I think the bridge cam channel but maybe another) in order to hear the announcements though. Many times I've run to the door and opened it to hear what was being said.

If we have the same Captain, he is fun to listen to and make fun of (don't tell him I said that...lol)

Emi

Thanks SweetEmi!

I have been reading your posts for a while with all of my Hawaii research for the past year! You have really been a big help! Hey I think you should switch weeks and come with us!:) Amy

GregandAmy - I haven't been around that much lately because my work schedule has been horrible, but am trying to get back here at least once or twice a day. BTW - my name is pronounced Amy too. *smile* Wish I could switch but alas - everything is set up already....

What I could do is pass along the flower arrangement I plan to buy in Hilo if it is still in good shape. It has been kind of a tradition some of us Cruise Critics have done if we were in back-to-back cruises. I would need your names and cabin number. If the orchids need refreshing - you can probably buy some right there at the terminal building in Hilo.

Aloha,

Emi

Aloha! Another quick question for recent Wind cruisers - probably the 11-day ones. When you were in Lahaina for 2 days, did the ship stay in the harbor overnight or did you raise anchor and sail around? If you did stay, what time were you able to get off the ship on day 2?

Emi

Sorry you didn't enjoy the entertainment. One of your statements hurts: "broadway rejects"... ouch. I do admit that not all singers and dancers on cruise ships are of Broadway calibre however for a whole cast to be called that, really hurts.

To the person who said: "The ones that can't just let go of the Broadway dream end up either on a cruise ship, or worse an amusement park somewhere"

That is not the case. Indeed some older dancers/singers fall into this catergory, however, with the abundance of cruise ships in the industry now cruise ship entertainment is a popular step in an entertainment career. The potential to save money is great and many entertainers use careers on a cruise ship as a launching point into higher positions (ie. Broadway). This statement hurts someone like me who dances on a cruise ship and is only 19, a cruise ship is the best place for me to add to my resume, refine my style (yes, Broadway has lots of this glitzy schlock.. have you seen Wicked?) and save money.

Please be more considerate when you comment. Would you like me to comment on audience members and the irritating things they do?

Archived