Question about aft FV on Infinity

CajunLiner

We just had the luck of a lifetime and were able to book a corner aft family cabin with one of the extended balconies on Infinity for the March 25 Panama Canal cruise. We switched over from Concierge Class when we found this cabin available. It is a much better than even trade, but I will miss CC amenities....unless I don't have to. Does anyone know if you can get the CC amenities in a FV? Most especially the full breakfast menu from room service.

Justin

Justin

Suggest you do a search on this forum by typing in FV aft or CC. We swopped a CC to 8181 FB corner on Summit for our forthcoming Panama Canal cruise but before we changed I researched these boards to see what we would loose out.

Basically, you miss the daily canapes which apparently is no big deal, the welcome bottle of champagne but hey bring your own, fluffier bath robes, pillow menu and other little bits. From what I gather if you slip your cabin attendane day $20 or so, he or she will bring you those fluffier robes, matress topper, pillow menu etc.

I posted a similar question to you but asked the question first "would you change from a CC to a FV aft" and everyone post said "yes".

Just do a search.

With that extra large balcony and all the extra room, you won't miss those few extras from CC class. Order the quesadillas from room service-much better than cheese and crackers or finger sandwiches. Only thing I can really see you might miss is the free champagne and flowers. ALL that extra room and that extra large balcony with the 270 view will make you forget those things VERY rapidly.

PS-we were in 9197 Infinity through the Panama Canal on November 19. A party on our balcony almost every day with quesadillas, cheese and crackers, fruit, and champagne, all ordered for free from room service except the champagne.

With that extra large balcony and all the extra room, you won't miss those few extras from CC class. Order the quesadillas from room service-much better than cheese and crackers or finger sandwiches.quote]

greatam: I love your suggestion/tip re the quesadillas. We have an aft corner FV coming up on Millennium, and I'm sure we will follow up on your tip. Thanks!

Ditto the others....we had 7202 corner aft on Infinity to Hawaii and liked it so much we booked it again for the Panama Canal. We wouldn't have traded it for anything (short of the Penthouse). You can almost talk to the men driving the "mules" that guide you through the canal locks.

Be sure to tip your room attendant to bring you lounge chairs from the pool area. Those corner afts are the best......the balcony is fantastic.....grab it and consider yourself lucky!

We just had the luck of a lifetime and were able to book a corner aft family cabin with one of the extended balconies on Infinity for the March 25 Panama Canal cruise. We switched over from Concierge Class when we found this cabin available. It is a much better than even trade, but I will miss CC amenities....unless I don't have to. Does anyone know if you can get the CC amenities in a FV? Most especially the full breakfast menu from room service.

Justin

Justin if you need any help with breakfast we can obtain and send it up to you and Donna as you know we are the deck aft above you

David

This has been our experience. $20 plus to the cabin attendant when you board and you can get the ammenities you want such as the topper for the mattress and different pillows. They want to make you happy and you are back there with the aft CC staterooms. Should not be a problem and Jarronwood is right. We have done this several times.

• 7 months later...
With that extra large balcony and all the extra room, you won't miss those few extras from CC class. Order the quesadillas from room service-much better than cheese and crackers or finger sandwiches. Only thing I can really see you might miss is the free champagne and flowers. ALL that extra room and that extra large balcony with the 270 view will make you forget those things VERY rapidly.

PS-we were in 9197 Infinity through the Panama Canal on November 19. A party on our balcony almost every day with quesadillas, cheese and crackers, fruit, and champagne, all ordered for free from room service except the champagne.

We're in the same number on Millenium this December. One guy who sailed in that cabin reported shaking "like an earthquake, day and night". Of course, he was not from California. How was your experience regarding vibration and noise from above? Thanks in advance.

Ditto the others....we had 7202 corner aft on Infinity to Hawaii and liked it so much we booked it again for the Panama Canal. We wouldn't have traded it for anything (short of the Penthouse). You can almost talk to the men driving the "mules" that guide you through the canal locks.

Be sure to tip your room attendant to bring you lounge chairs from the pool area. Those corner afts are the best......the balcony is fantastic.....grab it and consider yourself lucky!

We did Panama Canal last March on Infinity. We happened to also have 7202, and were lucky enough to be on the more "scenic" side. You're right; it's spectacular and there simply isn't a better balcony on the ship for a transit. You literally can reach out and touch the side of the locks.

As for the CC perks, you will never miss them.

We're in the same number on Millenium this December. One guy who sailed in that cabin reported shaking "like an earthquake, day and night". Of course, he was not from California. How was your experience regarding vibration and noise from above? Thanks in advance.

I believe that poster was on a transatlantic, and we had an aft cabin also. We had quite a bad No. Atlantic storm...and quite truthfully, the whole ship shook. We have never experienced any noise or vibration in aft cabins, previously or since. We'll be in an corner FV again this Sat. on Constellation for another transatlantic, and are looking forward to the cabin.

Enjoy your cruise!

Karyn

Thanks for the info...we have the FV on the Infinity leaving the 29th out of San Fran....I am hoping a nice tip will get me the CC breakfast menu...I have been told that it will not??? I certainly hope it will....I am trying to persuade my hubby over to Celebrity...this will be his first trip on a large ship...I need all the help I can get...Ha!!!

Thanks for the info...we have the FV on the Infinity leaving the 29th out of San Fran....I am hoping a nice tip will get me the CC breakfast menu...I have been told that it will not??? I certainly hope it will....I am trying to persuade my hubby over to Celebrity...this will be his first trip on a large ship...I need all the help I can get...Ha!!!

You'll enjoy Infinity, and leaving out of San Francisco is breathtaking. We've done that 4 times, and I'm never disappointed. Sailing under the Golden Gate is beautiful.

Our weather here has been wonderful. You should have a beautiful sailaway.

Enjoy your cruise!

Karyn

I don't believe it will get you the actual MENU (they won't even give them to guests in suites), but if you print the menu out from here and write in what you want, chances are very good that you will get it.

I believe that poster was on a transatlantic, and we had an aft cabin also. We had quite a bad No. Atlantic storm...and quite truthfully, the whole ship shook. We have never experienced any noise or vibration in aft cabins, previously or since. We'll be in an corner FV again this Sat. on Constellation for another transatlantic, and are looking forward to the cabin.

Enjoy your cruise!

Karyn

We had the exact opposite experience in FV 9197 on our Constellation transatlantic in April 2006. Vibrating so severe we couldn't sleep the majority of the cruise. We purposely avoided booking one for this upcoming transatlantic just for that reason. We'll give up the huge balcony for a good nights sleep.

Sounds as if you are from the San Fran area? We have been several times, but it has been about 10 yrs since we were in the city...any recommendations for a China Town Rest? I have heard about the warehouses south of Market Street where designers frequate to purchase unique accessories...know anything about this?

thanks,

RGB

Archived