Port ideas w/ 20 month old ( HAWAII WIND)

Floyd's

Hi all

We will be sailing in March w/ our 20 month old son. It's a family vacation...parents in law, brother and sister in laws and the 3 of us. I'm concerned about the logistics of taking the little one on long hauls around the islands on all of the many port days. I remember reading about some families going to beach clubs they have made arraingemnets with previously.

What are some ideas and things you have done? I'm asssuming the cruise excursions are out of the question...I just can't see him remaining a happy camper for such a long period of time on someone elses schedule.

We are all for renting a car...... any thoughts?

I haven't cruised to Hawaii (we flew). But I highly recomend making arrangements with a beach resort. On our last cruise I booked a night at Atlantis Resort at Paradise Island Bahamas and didn't use the cruiseline's excursion. I knew my 2 year old would want to stay and really use the facilities, not just tour them. So I booked a room using expedia and we had a wonderful time. We went at our own pace. And it was the best experience ever.

Check out the Hawaiian port of call board here at CC. I'm sure there will be lots of suggestions.

Also, ask if there are any child friendly excursions. You might be surprised to find out that there are.

Archived