Bringing Alcohol on MSC

slyre

Can anyone tell me if they will confiscate alcohol packed in luggage? And if you can bring duty-free purchased on-board back to your cabin?

Thanks,

They won't confiscate alcohol packed in your luggage. I did it and there was no problem, but you can't bring duty-free purchased on board back to you cabin. I believe they hold it until the night before you leave.

Barb

event.png

Can anyone tell me if they will confiscate alcohol packed in luggage? And if you can bring duty-free purchased on-board back to your cabin?

Thanks,

When on the MSC Musica at Christmas we were allowed to purchase in the Duty Free Shop and take back to Cabin

David

When on the MSC Musica at Christmas we were allowed to purchase in the Duty Free Shop and take back to Cabin

David

Were you in the Med. ? We are questioning the Caribbean sailings re. the alcohol question. I think there might be a difference as to where the ships are sailing. This is just a guess on my part.;) :p :confused:

When we were on the Lirica (Southern Carib) in Dec they did take the boxes of liqour bought in port for storage. Now having said that, we had 3 bottles that we bought that were not put in boxes (just bags) and had put them in my tote and when it went thru the xray when we boarded nothing as said and we took them to our cabin.

Actually most of the time it didn't seem that they paidmuch attention to the xray since usually when we reboarded there was only one person checking.

Sorry if this appears for the umpteenth time, but the site dies everytime I try and post...

The original poster did not specify the area of sailing and although that would have been known to some from another thread; to anyone just reading here ti would not have done.

In the Caribbean you cannot take alcohol aboard, nor buy it aboard in the Duty Free shop for in cabin consumption.

In the Med, do as you like; take it onboard, or buy it in the Duty Free shop and drink in the cabin.

Sorry if this appears for the umpteenth time, but the site dies everytime I try and post...

The original poster did not specify the area of sailing and although that would have been known to some from another thread; to anyone just reading here ti would not have done.

In the Caribbean you cannot take alcohol aboard, nor buy it aboard in the Duty Free shop for in cabin consumption.

In the Med, do as you like; take it onboard, or buy it in the Duty Free shop and drink in the cabin.

Thank you so much for taking care of this issue. You have cleared this problem up for us!!!

Joyce;)

Archived