Carnival vs. Royal Caribbean..your thoughts?

MsRavenFan

I changed my mind. I'll just click and paste it here if anyone is interested:

Hi All!

I am back from vacation. I had a blast! We went on a cruise to St. Lucia, St. Kitts, and St. Martin. It was heavenly. I don't know how else to describe it other than heaven. Crystal blue water, lush greenery, green mountains, and historical places. It was awesome. Heaven on earth. Only one bit of drama happened on my sea escapades. We went on an afternoon excursion on the pirate ship from the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean". We sailed around for a while...rum, crazy music, drunks (not me of course), sails waving, and everything else you'd expect on a pirate ship sailing through the Caribbean. Well, we needed to get off of the pirate's ship and get onto a small boat to head over to Pigeon Island. The small boat literally just paralleled to the pirate ship and then we would step onto the small boat from the pirate's ship. I have done similar transitions like this in the past from other boating excursions with no problems (moving from one boat to another in the middle of moving water). It is always a bit scary moving from one boat to another, but never had any problems. Well as I was stepping onto the small boat from the pirate ship, the water moved in a way to cause the two boats to jump around. I had already placed one foot onto the small boat and I had not fully moved my body from the pirate ship. So, my foot slipped off of the small boat and I began to fall into the ocean between both of the boats. A million thoughts raced in my brain as I heard the employees saying "oh no!!!" and I then knew I was going to go bye bye into the sea if I did not catch something. I remember feeling my legs fall into the water and then grabbing for something. I did not fall completely into the sea, as on my way down I caught onto the side of the small boat. My dad and Sean then rushed over to try to get me up. Talk about a moment to panic. As they tried to hold onto me, I had to swing my body over the side of the small boat before I could not hold on anymore to the side of the small boat. What a stretch my body had to make and I had to use every muscle to try to pull myself over the side. I remember thinking, this is going to hurt really awful as I tried to get over the side. It was like doing a chin up against a wall. I don't know how to describe what had happened other than I had to climb the wall of the boat and pull my way up. I was not completely/fully in the water, but my legs were. It was a small boat, but boy did it take some strength to try to get back in. I had so many thoughts racing and one of them was oh my gosh what if I end up completely in the ocean between these two boats rocking back and forth into each other. It happened so fast, but it was something I will never forget. I have some nasty bruises and aches, but I am very lucky overall. I am SO lucky. Mentally I was very sad because you don't really realize how close death can come until it is looking at you in the face. So many thoughts race and it hurt more mentally than physically. Accidents can happen even on vacation. One minute it is all fun and games and the next minute it is a story from survivor. During the last year, I have physically conditioned myself (exercised a lot). I have zero doubt in my mind that if I had not lost some weight and toned my muscles, I would have completely fallen into the ocean and possibly drowned or gotten smashed between the two boats. Zero doubt I would have fallen into the water completely. I could have gotten trapped under one of the boats and who knows how this story would have ended. I thank God that I have improved my physical health and it allowed me to physically overcome the fall. It was physically brutal holding on and pulling myself out of that mess, and I know I could not have done it one year ago. Well, other than almost getting smashed between two boats like a tortilla in the sea, I am ok....just large ugly bruises, very sore muscles and probably the scariest experience I have had in quite a while!! One of my nine lives is gone....eek. Wow what a mental experience. Anyways, I will be forwarding some photos from my cruise, so here they go! They are from two of the formal nights we had and one is a casual photo. I am doing fine and the cruise was great. I will write more later! Tata for now.

PS, I was not drinking any rum. Imagine if I had!! YIKES!!!

You are mistaken.

You don't really know... do you...?

So... RCCL's newest ship, Freedom of the Seas, launched in 2006, ocean view stateroom is 161 sq. ft.

Carnival Destiny, an old ship launched in 1996, ocean view stateroom is 220 sq. ft.

Now lets do the math... :cool:

====

59/161 = 37%

So... you are so wrong... Carnival staterooms are 37% larger than RCCL... even RCCL's newest ship.

Now... if we take ships built around the same year, like Enchantment of the Seas built in 1997, Outside view cabins are 154 sq. ft. and that is where I got the 40% from. But thank you for correcting me... I was wrong. Carnival cabins are actually 43% larger than RCCL's for those shipsr.

So... in 10 years... RCCL has only increased cabin size 7 square feet. Oh boy... a whole extra 7 square feet. :cool:

Boy... that makes RCCL the pick of cruiselines when it comes to cabin size... :cool:

So the skinny of it is... do you homework before spouting off... :D

ps. hope the math wasn't too advanced for you... :D

Good grief.

Archived