Transatlantic for 15 nights

My husband and I are going on our first transatlantic cruise in April on Legend. The cruise is for 15 nights and since it is a reset cruise I was interested to know what happens i.e. how many formal nights, what is food like and are there shows every night. Basically what is different from the 7 night cruises?

Thanks for any info.

The main difference is the number of sea days you are experience. The general pace of the cruise will be much more relaxed than the usual seven day port intensive cruise. I believe that there are three formal nights on these longer cruises. The main stage theater will probably repeat some of the acts/performers. There will be more movies shown during the days, and the cruise director will probably schedule more organized activities, and probably lectures.

The menu will probably begin repeating, but we have found that there was always adequate variety in the menu items. We have made five trans Atlantic cruises, three on RCI and two on Celebrity, and have always enjoyed the experience.

petert

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know what the weather and waves will be like in late April? We will be sailing from Charleston to the Azores and will be at sea for 5 days.

Take your pick of possible weather conditions and you have as much chance of being right as anything anyone on here can tell you. You can check to see what the ''average" weather conditions are at that time of year in the various locations you will visit, but since when do the "averages" apply to what actually occurs. If I were to base my expectations on our local weather situation on the averages, I'd probably be digging out from several feet of snow in sub-zero conditions. If you are on a Radiance class ship, the solarium will allow you to use the pool regardless of the weather conditions outside, and all the ships are equipped with stabilizers to minimize the effects of high seas, should they occur. We have done two TAs and are booked on our third next Fall and love the extra days at sea and the unique itineraries. Enjoy.:)

Archived