Laundry?

azkitty

From everything I have read, there is a self service laundry aboard the Golden, but I can't find it in the ship's diagram. Does anyone know if it exists, where it is and how many (Just one?)? This definitely effects our packing especially for my husband who refuses to take a lot of clothes.

• 2 weeks later...

You might haVE left for your cruise already..if not, I just came back from the Golden, and as the previous poster said there are laundry rooms on different decks. I was on the Dolphin deck and the laundry room was on starboard side aft. There were only 2 washers and 2 dryers in that area, however someone said they found a laundry room port side that was larger.

A few suggestions....detergent is 4 quarters for a load.

washer 4 quarters (runs about 40 min)

dryer 4 quarters (runs 45 min).

They do have change machines, but usually are "out" of change, so a trip to the pursers desk is needed unless you bring your own coins. So if you are not really close to the laundry room, have your change with you so you don't have to leave to "hunt" for it, or make a trip to deck 6.(pursers)

Also depending how long the cruise is, sea days are very popular, so if at all possible, go real early, or dinner time is good..

A word of caution: If you are not there the instant your stuff is done, and someone wants the machine, out your stuff comes and you find it in a "heap" upon your return.

Of course as a courtesy you try to be back when your clothes are suppose to be done, but if you miscalculate by 5 minutes, your chance to use the dryer can be gone for 45 minutes (if not longer).

Have fun on your cruise!

And the Golden is beautiful!

Sue

Archived