A few ??'s about Radiance rooms

I'm looking at the Radiance for our 2006 cruise, and am new to RCI. After looking at info on their web site, I need some info from those who have sailed on her.

1) In the outside staterooms (no balcony) the picture shows the head of the bed under the window. Are they all like that? On our previous 3 cruises our couch/chairs have been down there. I don't want to have to kneel on the bed to look out the window.

2) We will be bringing our 13 year old son (his first cruise!). I am trying to decide between a room with the sofa bed and the Pullman bed. I'm thinking space wise the pullman would be better, but how cramped would it be? Is it hard to get in & out of? Where in the room would it be? Is it different with a balcony room?

Sorry for so many questions, but we want to make the best decision we can. I'm not positive we can afford to have the balcony and our son, and since we promised to take him this time...

We booked 3 cabins last year in Cat. G - Deck 4 of the Radiance. Two of the cabins were connecting & the beds were against the wall. This allowed room for the connecting door. The other cabin wasn't connecting & the bed was under the window. Hope this helps with your choice. BTW...everyone loved the location of their cabin on deck 4. We loved the Radiance - beautiful.

My two teenagers (boy and girl) and I had a regular balcony cabin on the Voyager last year, and it was fine for us. My son slept in the pullman, which was over our heads. He said it was comfortable, and we liked it because it did not take up space in the cabin.

Seattlelover - We were on the Radiance in January and the cabins on deck 7 have the life boat covers obstructing your view of being able to look directly down to the water. The balcony cabins are nice on this ship.

We will be back on the Radiance in April 2005 and once again we will be on deck 7 but this time we selected a cabin in the arch of the elevators - #7604.

Archived