We're new to SS. Any thoughts on Mombase to Mahe #1731/18Nov07?

First in Class

My wife and I are considering this Silver Cloud voyage, and I was wondering if anyone else is planning on going or if you have feedback from going on a past SS cruise like this one. This would be our first time on Silversea.

We would likely go on a 1-week safari in Kenya or Tanzania before the cruise.

My wife and I were on the Crystal Symphony in May 2006 Athens to Venice, and the Crystal Harmony in September 2005 to Alaska, and enjoyed both of them for the itinerary, onboard service, and fellow cruisers we met. We particularly enjoy having a blend of port and sea days. We are both in our early 30s, for whatever that matters.

One concern we have on the Cloud is that it is smaller than the Crystal ships, and that matters more on sea days.

Any thoughts or recommendations you have would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

DateDayPortArriveDepart18 Nov 2007SunMombasa, Kenya 7:00 PM 19 Nov 2007MonZanzibar, Tanzania8:00 AM 5:00 PM 20 Nov 2007TueDay At Sea 21 Nov 2007WedDzaoudzi, Mayotte9:00 AM 5:00 PM 22 Nov 2007ThuDay At Sea 23 Nov 2007FriDay At Sea 24 Nov 2007SatPraslin, Seychelles8:00 AM 5:00 PM 25 Nov 2007SunMahe, Seychelles8:00 AM

One concern we have on the Cloud is that it is smaller than the Crystal ships, and that matters more on sea days.
IIRC, the space ratio (space per passenger) is almost exactly the same on Cloud and the Crystal ships. Never having been on Crystal, I suspect that Crystal, with bigger ships and many more passengers, may have a wider range of activities on offer on sea days. OTOH, Crystal cabins are in general not as good as SS, I think Crystal does not have open seating for all meals and on Crystal you'll have to sign for most "extras", especially drinks.

Archived