CROWN: Baja bb aft 748 or any Caribe ba? Which is better?

jayz

I'm trying to book on the Emerald which is identical to the Crown. Anybody been on both of these decks and can comment on the balcony sizes and various locations of rooms. I have read experts say its location,location,location...when it comes to an ideal cruise especially when you are paying more for a balcony. Quiet,privacy, low winds, sun, views all come into play here..for instance..on a true aft cabin at thevery back of the ship you have the experience of viewing the wake...more expanse of what is on both sides of the ship....but there are pitfalls...noise vibrations...hvac equipment..constant white noise...On this ship does a port side give you more of a land view? Please advise.

We are just off the Crown 01/20/07-01/27/07 sailing. My DH and I had cabin B754, my parents were next door in B752, my brother and his wife had B748 (all aft cabins), and my sister had L247. Our aft cabins had much bigger balconies than my sister's cabin on the Lido deck. I believe the aft cabin balconies are the same size as the balconies on the Caribe deck. Out of the three aft balconies, B748 was considerably larger than B752 and B754.

Hope this helps.

We have had both AFT BB cabins ( C752 & C753 on Caribbean Princess and Caribe port side balcony on Star Princess). We love the aft cabins for the size, privacy and the wake view and the covered balcony in times of rain or strong winds. These balconies do not have any beam obstructions and no A/C vent creating noise that we noticed.)

However, on our last cruise, the weather was sunny, hot with low winds most days and the Aft balcony was unbearably hot - such that we only used it in evening having a drink before dinner. Rest of time, we were up on deck by pools in loungers.

Not sure what features you are looking for in your balcony but there are pros and cons to both your choices.

Enjoy your cruise!

Aft cabins balcony for size and privacy and wake view..noise not an issue? vibrations? crew? odours? Caribe balcony is how much larger?

Its good to know that when it rains you can sit in your covered balcony

but so is the caribe port side...half of your balcony is covered right?

thats the same size as an Baja aft room like 748 10x10 I think

anybody got pics of any caribe balconies? I've seen the aft balconies on Baja and I know the port is smaller and caribe is larger...

Thanks! Thats great to hear. How was the experience at the back? Noise?obstructive beams? Vibrations? views? Do you prefer these aft cabins ot port and starboard on Caribe?

I loved the back of the ship and would book that again in a heartbeat. The view is wonderful! The only time we felt any vibrations was when we were coming into a port, but no big deal. Cabin B748, no noise, no obstructions, GREAT balacony! Cabin 752, there is a verticle beam off to the one side on the balacony and you can hear the air conditioning units slightly, Cabin B754 no beams at all, but you get a little bit more of the airconditioning noise. I believe cabins 750 and 751 have the beam running right through the middle of them. If I were to book again, I would definitely go with Cabin B748.

Speaking of aft cabins, we're booked on the Crown's Dolphin D734. On the deck plans there is a little triangle on there but I don't know what that means. Does anyone know if this means a beam is running through that balcony? Anyone been in this cabin and can give me the low down on it?

Thanks.

Kim

We had B748 on the Crown and C752 on the Star. We love the location and are now spoiled. We only want to book this location and availibility is so limited.I am prone to motion sickness(always cruise well medicated) and found the motion in the aft not any worse for me than other locations onboard. On the Crown we could have had a mini with a larger shower for the same price but my horizontally challenged husband insisted on the aft corner and gave up personal hygiene for the week:rolleyes: !! (not true,he just showered in stages)...

Speaking of aft cabins, we're booked on the Crown's Dolphin D734. On the deck plans there is a little triangle on there but I don't know what that means. Does anyone know if this means a beam is running through that balcony? Anyone been in this cabin and can give me the low down on it?

Thanks.

Kim

Kim-

The little triangle is to indicate that this room sleeps 3 (two beds and a Pullman). I will be in this room in two weeks and will get pictures and info for you.

Thanks.

Kim

There are rooms with beams..check out other threads...some have pics,

I would be very dissapointed if I got one of those rooms.

Thanks.

Kim

there are cabins with beams..check other threads some have pics

Archived